Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Neck/Shoulder Strap for a Tall Guy

gel685
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Neck/Shoulder Strap for a Tall Guy

Im 6-8 and would like something longer for my 5D3 with 100-400L. The Domke gripper or OpTech basic straps are in my price range. It doesnt have to be fancy. When its across my chest Id like the camera to hang at my hip. Any suggestions? Thanks,--Eric.

Feb 18, 2013 at 04:08 PM
neilvan
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Neck/Shoulder Strap for a Tall Guy

wapitistraps.com/

Feb 19, 2013 at 08:11 AM
Roland W
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Neck/Shoulder Strap for a Tall Guy

The OpTech system of straps that include the quick release connectors has a variety of end connectors and parts available, and one of those is adjustable length extender straps that can be added to lengthen the strap. I am not sure if just one pair of extenders would solve your problem, but my guess is that it will. If one pair does not make it, you could consider two pairs, or may be able to modify a single pair by replacing the webbing with longer pieces.

I am very happy with the OpTech straps, and have in the past used an extender to put one body lower than another. I have never had any issue with the quick release connectors that OpTech uses, and very much enjoy the advantage of quickly taking the strap off of the camera for times when that is best.

Feb 19, 2013 at 03:24 PM
DaveD
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Neck/Shoulder Strap for a Tall Guy

Peak Design. Very long strap.
https://peakdesignltd.com/leash-cuff/

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:53 PM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Neck/Shoulder Strap for a Tall Guy

www.upstrap-pro.com

I LOVE my Upstrap Bandolier straps. I have 4 of them. I've modified them to be non-adjustable, fixed-length, so the camera rests right at my hip. I'm 6'2". I took length out of them.

Here is a picture of my buddy Nate, with one of his cameras, on an Upstrap Bandolier. He is 6'4" IIRC, and his strap was not at the longest setting.

76670012 by Chris.jpg, on Flickr

Feb 21, 2013 at 02:25 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password