Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · William

deinfaces
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · William

William creates metal sculpture; one of his pieces is in the background.
Bob
http://www.deinfaces.com/

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · William

Bob, it might have been interesting to see him somehow interacting with his artwork.
Douglas

Feb 18, 2013 at 01:31 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #3 · William

He was selling (hopefully) at an art show. The only thing that he had to interact with was the credit card reader.

Feb 19, 2013 at 01:43 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · William

Nice portrait

Feb 19, 2013 at 03:03 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · William

Bob-
As has been mentioned before- the simplicity, the directness, and the honesty of this image reflects your photographic style, and it works yet again here. I like this.
I especially like the inclusion of the art piece (with just the right amount of oof).
Sometimes a bit of the surroundings goes a long way toward making portraits a bit better (just an IMO of course ), especially if the surroundings are relevant to the subject.
Charlie

Feb 19, 2013 at 06:45 PM

deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #6 · William

Thank you, Steady and Charlie.

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:46 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · William

Another nice one. I like this one very much. However, the artwork in the background is doing nothing for me. It's not just that your series is portraits rather than environmental portraits, but the artwork doesn't show well blurred like that. Without your words, we'd wonder what it was.

Feb 20, 2013 at 03:31 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #8 · William

Thank you for your thoughts, Jim. I thought that the art formed a complex series of leading lines, but I guess that it isn't working that way.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · William

deinfaces wrote:
Thank you for your thoughts, Jim. I thought that the art formed a complex series of leading lines, but I guess that it isn't working that way.

I can see the leading line case easily. It's a positive for the interest factor. Good of you to include it in the shot and know how it would show. But OTOH it doesn't (IMO) say it's a piece of art, let alone HIS piece of art. It's not the typical "Artist and his Work" shot. That is what I was trying to say.

Feb 22, 2013 at 08:52 AM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #10 · William

Got it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:31 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password