Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

Mark Metternich wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, there was a recent movie that had its last scene here. They must have been allowed to heli in with special permission. I cant remember the movie but it is a movie where these guys have special power and transport themselves all over the place and some people are trying to catch them. Maybe someone would know what movie that is.

Jumper.
its from 2008.

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:48 PM
Chuck Eklund
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

Wow. Even icons can yield surprises.

Chuck

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:53 PM
tab111

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

wow, need to buy a rubicon to go there. All shots are nice.

Feb 20, 2013 at 08:42 PM
microsnook
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

The colors and contrast in your images are great. Wonderful set

Feb 20, 2013 at 08:51 PM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

Sounds like a fun adventure for sure!

Just a quick question, did you do the post processing on the image by Steve Pfeffer? It looks very similar to your style. Either that or he has absorbed a lot from your teachings. He's actually a mini celebrity in the client section of your website it seems :P

Anyways it is a great shot, and it looks like there could have been some amazing sunset colours 5 minutes from that capture.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Bjadelberg
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

Mark Metternich wrote:
Yes! I have taken some clients since and it is simply an epic experience. We had coyotes howling at us in the middle of the night, and storm come up from no where that intimidated us all, and wild light that made the experience worth it. Here is a shot from my client from near by giving one an idea of its potential. I did not get a shot because I was involved with making sure everyone else did. I think you could pull off some decent shots with the right lighting. there are places near by, within a
...Show more

I like this shot more than any ever shot I've seen from this place! Very nice! wellits not showing but the one your client took.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

Mr Grimm wrote:
Sounds like a fun adventure for sure!

Just a quick question, did you do the post processing on the image by Steve Pfeffer? It looks very similar to your style. Either that or he has absorbed a lot from your teachings. He's actually a mini celebrity in the client section of your website it seems :P

Anyways it is a great shot, and it looks like there could have been some amazing sunset colours 5 minutes from that capture.

Yes, I help him and many of my other clients with their post work. One of the other things I do for a living.

Feb 21, 2013 at 01:30 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

Greg Campbell wrote:
The opposite shore is all on reservation land, is it not?

YES... It is NOT.

Feb 23, 2013 at 02:36 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

I forgot about this photo taken by a client. Here Mark W and I are climbing out of a gulch and navigating out of the area just before a flash flood rips throughout the area. Literally it started raining as we got into the vehicle! About 10 minutes later the wash we were in became a river!

Feb 23, 2013 at 08:30 PM
Jammyn
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

Way cool --- I would certainly like to visit that location one of these days.

Feb 23, 2013 at 09:58 PM
Greg Campbell
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Horseshoe Bend (the other side)

Mark Metternich wrote:
I forgot about this photo taken by a client. Here Mark W and I are climbing out of a gulch and navigating out of the area just before a flash flood rips throughout the area. Literally it started raining as we got into the vehicle! About 10 minutes later the wash we were in became a river!

Oh, bother. That looks like work!

When are they gonna install an escalator?

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password