Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Physautotypes & Featured at Wall Space Gallery

Kaden K.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Physautotypes & Featured at Wall Space Gallery

http://kadenca.tumblr.com/

Feb 17, 2013 at 02:21 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Physautotypes & Featured at Wall Space Gallery

Fascinating! And congratulations. The Woodburytype was especially intriguing. (I admit I fancy the portrait style and look from that era and the interesting characters so often photographed - no plastic beauty there!)

BTW, the twin images from December 7 look to be from the same negative but viewed with the crossed eyes technique they render a quite nice 3D view.

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Kaden K.
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Physautotypes & Featured at Wall Space Gallery

...love your 3D approach. I actually recently had 4 self portraits made in stereo and
comes with a whole 3D wood viewer. Really pretty object too. I like very much the idea
of images as objects rather than left in the ether of numbers.

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:41 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Physautotypes & Featured at Wall Space Gallery

At university, more years ago than I hate to think about, I had a geology course. We had 3D maps and special glasses to view them. The instructor never bothered with the glasses. I learned from him you can view the pair in 3D by crossing your eyes. Works well, but can take a bit of practice to master. The old 3D from the late 19th and early 20th centuries is quite interesting.

Feb 20, 2013 at 03:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

dmacmillan
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Physautotypes & Featured at Wall Space Gallery

AuntiPode wrote:
At university, more years ago than I hate to think about, I had a geology course. We had 3D maps and special glasses to view them. The instructor never bothered with the glasses. I learned from him you can view the pair in 3D by crossing your eyes. Works well, but can take a bit of practice to master. The old 3D from the late 19th and early 20th centuries is quite interesting.

My mother-in-law and step father-in-law (who is 86), just bought a new 47" flat screen. The salesman upsold them to 3D. They don't even have a BD player, much less a 3D BD player. Besides, my step father-in-law is blind in one eye. I didn't even go there.

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:51 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Physautotypes & Featured at Wall Space Gallery

Heh! I don't even own a big screen or HD television.

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:59 PM
lylejk
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Physautotypes & Featured at Wall Space Gallery

I enjoyed the Woodburytype video too. Very interesting indeed. Normal pressed images require dithering; I wonder if they can implement a modern version of this for creating magazines; true flawless no dither images in magazines would be a wonderful thing.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password