Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2013 · The long and the short of it

tinyfishy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · The long and the short of it

Great idea....also excellent title and presentation.

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:12 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · The long and the short of it

randysc wrote:
Those are wonderful images Peter Beautiful detail.

Randy

Thank you, Randy, glad you like them.

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:23 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · The long and the short of it

tinyfishy wrote:
Great idea....also excellent title and presentation.

Glad you like the stuff, Alfred.

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:23 PM
DonGut
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · The long and the short of it

Peter, you haven't been around for a while. Have you been busy cleaning pigeon "marks" off your lens? #1 is my fave, but the detail of the long-tail in #2 is great. The wide-angle stuff is a new perspective. I've been experimenting with the same idea the last few years using a remote. (no baiting).
Don

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:56 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · The long and the short of it

DonGut wrote:
Peter, you haven't been around for a while. Have you been busy cleaning pigeon "marks" off your lens? #1 is my fave, but the detail of the long-tail in #2 is great. The wide-angle stuff is a new perspective. I've been experimenting with the same idea the last few years using a remote. (no baiting).
Don

Don, I admire your reluctance to bait birds. However, BIF photography at 8mm FL neccessitates some sort of baiting and/or prior training. I did use sunflower seeds for the pijun shots above, because untrained pijuns, very much like untrained owls, do not fly into your face unless you are dispensing food for them.

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:13 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · The long and the short of it

Magnificent shots at extreme ends of focal lengths Peter. There appears to be no room to complain about the results obtained with the first two images, rather impressive I say!
I think the perspective of the fisheye shots is startling, it is a view we rarely see or experience, that is unless it is 'you' posting them

Great range my friend, excellent!
Karl

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:17 PM
DonGut
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · The long and the short of it

PetKal wrote:

Don, I admire your reluctance to bait birds. However, BIF photography at 8mm FL neccessitates some sort of baiting and/or prior training. I did use sunflower seeds for the pijun shots above, because untrained pijuns, very much like untrained owls, do not fly into your face unless you are dispensing food for them.

I don't have a problem with that. Pigeons are "baited" all over the world. I'm doing songbirds near cavity nest sites. I make sure the birds aren't harmed.
It is an interesting perspective though with the wide angle. Don

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:20 PM
JimLittle
• • • •
p.2 #8 · The long and the short of it

Great clarity and neat perspedtive....well done

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:38 PM
sritri
• • • •
p.2 #9 · The long and the short of it

Lovely ones Peter

Feb 14, 2013 at 03:20 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · The long and the short of it

Karl Witt wrote:
Magnificent shots at extreme ends of focal lengths Peter. There appears to be no room to complain about the results obtained with the first two images, rather impressive I say!
I think the perspective of the fisheye shots is startling, it is a view we rarely see or experience, that is unless it is 'you' posting them

Great range my friend, excellent!
Karl

Thank you, Karl, your approval means a lot to me, especially when it comes on St.Valentines.

Feb 14, 2013 at 06:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · The long and the short of it

DonGut wrote:
I'm doing songbirds near cavity nest sites.

I am looking forward to the pictures.

Feb 14, 2013 at 06:15 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · The long and the short of it

JimLittle wrote:
Great clarity and neat perspedtive....well done

Thank you, Jim.

Feb 14, 2013 at 06:16 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · The long and the short of it

sritri wrote:
Lovely ones Peter

Shreeni, thank you for your encouragement.

Feb 14, 2013 at 06:16 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #14 · The long and the short of it

PetKal wrote:
Thank you Jerry, ole bean, good gears make a difference. In fact, if you can attract birds to alight on your hand with offering of seeds, you should be able to get their picture in flight with a very wide angle lens. When your plan/gears are ready, I'll share a few little tips with you.

Peter, ole bean is looking to roll early next week, with good fortune some shooting as well. The pumpkin was delivered but no positioning of gearz completed, images will be posted...this year I hope

Look forward to your pijun tips, once head clears, plans are for a roll on the HB Pier, March or April seem about right; vertical adjustment requires time...the pier will be fun, lots of sun to warm, some birds n pijuns to shoot, have a burger

Feb 14, 2013 at 06:35 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #15 · The long and the short of it

StillFingerz wrote:
Peter, ole bean is looking to roll early next week, with good fortune some shooting as well. The pumpkin was delivered but no positioning of gearz completed, images will be posted...this year I I hope

Look forward to your pijun tips, once head clears, plans are for a roll on the HB Pier, March or April seem about right; vertical adjustment requires time...the pier will be fun, lots of sun to warm, some birds n pijuns to shoot, have a burger

Jerry, I wish I could join you in that sunny and warm SoCal marsh. I'd bring some hefty gears, and I could be your gunny.....you tell me what to shoot and how, and I aim and fire for ya.

Feb 14, 2013 at 07:03 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #16 · The long and the short of it

Peter, if you ever ponder coming out this way we will have to inform FM, there are a dozen or more here in SoCal including da man Mr. Miranda. That would be quite the shoot out, I'd be way out gunned but it would be a blast.

The 6D is getting closer price wise, just gotta get this ole bean's body up to speed before I drop those dimes. Last I checked w/24-105 it was $2400, translated that's 1600 for the body; works for me.

Feb 14, 2013 at 07:26 PM
gsmani
• • •
p.2 #17 · The long and the short of it

looking good Peter. somehow I feel these pigeons are your Photoshop skill than photography

Feb 14, 2013 at 07:27 PM
lowellmtyler
• •
p.2 #18 · The long and the short of it

Nice job all around. Both #1 and #2 are winners.

I love the fisheye of the pigeons. It brings back lots of childhood memories for me as we raised "some", as in about 100+ pigeons at one point. They're like flying rabbits.

Would love to see some fisheyes of Seagulls. In San Francisco (Pier 39), those bad boys will fly right up "in your face" if you're eating a breadbowl of soup or a corndog. And as big as they are, you probably won't need them that close, either.

Feb 14, 2013 at 07:40 PM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.2 #19 · The long and the short of it

That's a terrific pose in #1 Peter... and the doves at 8mm FL is a really cool perspective.

Kirk

Feb 14, 2013 at 07:50 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #20 · The long and the short of it

gsmani wrote:
looking good Peter. somehow I feel these pigeons are your Photoshop skill than photography

Thank you, George, gotta remember that my photoshop skills are even worse than my shooting skills.

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:43 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password