Upload & Sell: Off
Any review is biased. It has to be because it is written by a person (or a group) that is influenced by various factors: Personal experience, knowledge, behaviour, expectation and interest. I would wonder if not half of any review I read the last two decades in any so called "professional" print publications where driven mainly by the fact of selling an advertising page to the manufacturer.
So the best thing we can do is reading a couple of reviews, trying to generate our own opinion, go out and find a way to test out our "favorite" gear and if and how it fits our expectations. If I buy everything that has got a great review somewhere I just have to buy everything.
Reviews and (much more important) the experience of few people I trust (e. g. Roger Cicala, Bryan Carnathan, Keith Cooper, Stefan Rode, Timo Bierbaum and a couple of Members here) AND my own experience told me (FF):
- if I look for the best AF system there is 5D II and 1D X
- if I wish highest resolution there is D800
- if I want the leading available light performance there is 6D
- for best out of camera JPEGs I have to go Canon
- for highest DR I have to choose Nikon
- if I want to have the most excellent service ... etc
After I decided about my needs and my financial capabilities, I go to a shop and hold all those cameras in my hands and check what "feels" best. And after some sleepless nights at least I find a decission.
I would never decide any purchase based on a single review I read anywhere.