Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Question on pricing used lenses.

abraxsis

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question on pricing used lenses.

When I was gifted my original 5D, the camera that pulled from Planet Nikon, it came with a 16-35 2.8L II. The printing on the front lens housing has completely worn off but the glass is in PRISTINE condition and the filter ring is fine. Focus is spot on and the rest of the lens is in good condition. Everything about this lens is great, except for that front housing and is, in other words, purely cosmetic.

Now that I've immersed myself into Canon gear, I have found that the 16-35 is really just too wide for the style of photography I partake in. Chances are good the 24-70 is a much better range for me and I am considering selling the 16-35. So I am curious about how much of a dollar "hit" would the 16-35's front housing cause? I have included a picture to be able to see the housing (sorry, just a quick shot with my phone).

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Zander Alberts
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question on pricing used lenses.

I would think you could still get at least $1000 for it... that's just my gut feeling however. Personally I have no problem buying things that are cosmetically imperfect if they do the job.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:22 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question on pricing used lenses.

I think Zander is about right. It's in less than "Excellent" condition, maybe E-, but it's not too bad if that's the only issue. They're going for about $1100 in E to E+ condition on eBay, so a bit less sounds about right. See the Lens Price Database, Lens$db, http://tinyurl.com/jcolwell-lensdb

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:37 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password