Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2013 · VSCO Film 3

sarakbyrne

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · VSCO Film 3

roland hale wrote:
As far as photogs posting it on their blog - one of the first things that popped up for my when I searched "VSCO 3" was the photog's review that I listed above. Given that a lot of us shoot for other photographers, that's pretty impactful marketting, not too mention a valuable interaction with VSCO that could potentially land you even more free publicity.

5000+ hits in the last 18 hours.

DmitriM wrote:
lol...

I still can't believe people actually STILL buy Lightroom presets. It takes 100s of hours to learn how to use photogshop...and it takes about 10 hours to learn how to use LR...
What's funny, there are many photographers even do blog posts on their purchase and tell clients what they use for editing. "Gee",says a bride, "I can't edit my own photos ,give me the raw files noooowwwww" hahaha

Never had a bride say that

Feb 13, 2013 at 09:19 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · VSCO Film 3

Im kinda digging the FP-100c

Feb 13, 2013 at 09:39 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · VSCO Film 3

joelconner wrote:
yup. i thought it was a great decision to do a blog for that reason as well.

Why? How many brides are searching for "VSCO 3"?

Feb 13, 2013 at 09:57 PM
roland hale
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · VSCO Film 3

Mark_L wrote:

Did you read the sentence right after that?

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · VSCO Film 3

Mark_L wrote:

It has little to do with brides...directly. It has a lot to do with increasing possible links to your site and providing good content (as far as google is concerned). But, it also has to do with letting other photographers know and helping, quite simply, to spread the word about a product you like.

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:40 PM
roland hale
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · VSCO Film 3

+1

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · VSCO Film 3

Call me nuts but my clients don't need to know what I'm doing to get the results I'm getting... Nuts and bolts... not something they should know or care about.

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:20 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · VSCO Film 3

I just dont see why some are hating the use of this tool, If you dont like it dont buy it, simple as that.
I use VSCO and I love the look of it, I think it is a great tool that help me to get closer to what I am trying to do and help me to save time.

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:37 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · VSCO Film 3

TTLKurtis wrote:
Call me nuts but my clients don't need to know what I'm doing to get the results I'm getting.

Absolutely!

First off, I've never touched a VCSO preset and I don't plan on it. But if I DID, I certainly wouldn't broadcast it for my clients to see.

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:03 AM
sarakbyrne

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · VSCO Film 3

( and then you'll come to the realization that photographers are some of the best clients you could ask for )

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:13 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

joelconner
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · VSCO Film 3

sarakbyrne wrote:
( and then you'll come to the realization that photographers are some of the best clients you could ask for )

+1

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:57 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · VSCO Film 3

Photographer clients don't need to know the nuts and bolts either...

Feb 14, 2013 at 03:05 AM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · VSCO Film 3

Umm, I want my clients to think I'm a freakin' magician.

I'm getting the 3rd set, just like I got the first two, but I'll be darned if I ever tell anyone outside photography forums that I use them. I'm pretty sure that we photogs are the only ones who even notice or care.

Feb 14, 2013 at 03:11 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · VSCO Film 3

sgtbueno wrote:
I just dont see why some are hating the use of this tool, If you dont like it dont buy it, simple as that.
I use VSCO and I love the look of it, I think it is a great tool that help me to get closer to what I am trying to do and help me to save time.

I have to agree; and I have to laugh at those that are too proud to understand that VSCO has offered specific calibration conversions for accurate film tones that we'd have to pay huge bucks on our own to achieve. Personally, I use the calibration profiles and tool kit to produce my own results. Even for those that use the default presets, it is childish to put them down for doing so. If they like the results, who friggin' cares? It still took me months to dial in one single preset that works on everything. That personal preset has saved me an enormous amount of time in my workflow.

Feb 14, 2013 at 03:12 AM
awad
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · VSCO Film 3

amonline wrote:
I have to agree; and I have to laugh at those that are too proud to understand that VSCO has offered specific calibration conversions for accurate film tones that we'd have to pay huge bucks on our own to achieve. Personally, I use the calibration profiles and tool kit to produce my own results. Even for those that use the default presets, it is childish to put them down for doing so. If they like the results, who friggin' cares? It still took me months to dial in one single preset that works on everything. That personal preset has saved
...Show more

exactly right. i made a custom import setting based off the calibration profiles from one of the vsco profiles and it's saved me an unbelievable amount of time in processing.

Feb 14, 2013 at 03:43 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · VSCO Film 3

amonline wrote:
It still took me months to dial in one single preset that works on everything. That personal preset has saved me an enormous amount of time in my workflow.

Wow.. you have a single preset that works on EVERYTHING?? I didn't think it was possible!

brad

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:23 PM
Cal166

p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · VSCO Film 3

derbarrett wrote:
Im kinda digging the FP-100c

& FP-3000b

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:44 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · VSCO Film 3

DigMeTX wrote:
Wow.. you have a single preset that works on EVERYTHING?? I didn't think it was possible!

brad

Yup. It took me forever. The only thing I have to adjust is WB and exposure. (It's set a little on the underexposed side.) Rarely, I'll use another skin "orange" fix and or ISO noise reduction preset, but that's about it now days.

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:21 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · VSCO Film 3

amonline wrote:
Yup. It took me forever. The only thing I have to adjust is WB and exposure. (It's set a little on the underexposed side.) Rarely, I'll use another skin "orange" fix and or ISO noise reduction preset, but that's about it now days.

I am curious to know what methodology you used to get it to where you like it. Was it something you just sat down and focused on tweaking until you got it or was it more of a "tweak while you go" method? And, what were the type of settings in the preset that you had to do the most adjusting with to get it right? I would love to get a preset to the point where I had one that worked for most situations...I definitely do not mind putting in the time to get it there.

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:30 PM
taemo
• •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · VSCO Film 3

cool and interesting new preset but I'm not sold, but maybe this is me never getting into instant film in my childhood.
What I'm hoping for is a Slide preset from VSCO

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:33 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password