Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2013 · VSCO Film 3

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · VSCO Film 3

Not sure there are many people here who shoot/shot instant film, but vsco just released their new film set emulating some of the more popular instant film stocks. I do shoot instant film (primarily fp-100c and fb-3000b), so I wanted to take the risk as check it out. I have liked what I have tested so far, even though as usual, it takes some tweaking to get it where I like it. The Polaroid presets are a bit extreme for me, but so was a lot of the cosumer level Polaroid film (which is why I have never really liked those)

As with their previous releases, if you own either Film 1 or Film 2, you get this new one at 50% off for the next few weeks

Feb 12, 2013 at 09:59 PM
benee
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · VSCO Film 3

Interestingly, they are supporting Fuji RAW now.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · VSCO Film 3

I really wish they'd offer the tool box separately. That's all I really use.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · VSCO Film 3

My gut reaction is this one doesn't interest me as much.

brad

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · VSCO Film 3

DigMeTX wrote:
My gut reaction is this one doesn't interest me as much.

brad

If you don't have an affinity for instant films, then you are probably right...this one more than the others has more of a niche appeal

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM
DimaVazinovich
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · VSCO Film 3

i have 1 and 2 , and probably getting the 3rd one tommorow with a friend , so i will tell you how it is

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · VSCO Film 3

benee wrote:
they are supporting Fuji RAW now

.RAF?

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:19 AM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · VSCO Film 3

I bought it this morning but haven't installed it yet. I really don't use filters but I think VSCO has the best implementation. Granted they're just presets and you can likely do it yourself with enough time and fortitude but at least it works within Lightroom and doesn't rely on creating additional files to edit.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:43 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · VSCO Film 3

I saw some of Jeremy Cowarts results with this today and they looked pretty nice.

brad

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:42 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · VSCO Film 3

I really was not impressed with VSCO at first but I played with it for a few days and ended up developing some new presets for myself using it. Much better colors than I was getting before it AND better consistency between Nikon and Canon files for when my second shooter uses Canon (most of the time).

Haven't played much with the toolkit yet, is it worth playing with too or just quicker ways to adjust brightness and contrast etc?

Doubt I will be interested in this one, but I have to give them credit for improving my output recently with 1 / 2.

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:51 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · VSCO Film 3

I love vsco3, I have 1 and 2 and def. prefer vsco3! awesome, def part of my workflow

Plus customer support is awesome and quick

Feb 13, 2013 at 04:04 AM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · VSCO Film 3

I often used fp-100c in the pol back of my RB67 for test shots, always liked the colour.

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM
benee
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · VSCO Film 3

D. Diggler wrote:
.RAF?

yup.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:51 PM
roland hale
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · VSCO Film 3

A little extreme for my daily use - but there's a pretty good before/after review here:

http://www.sarakbyrne.com/vsco-film-03-before-after-examples/

Feb 13, 2013 at 06:40 PM
evertdoorn
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · VSCO Film 3

Bit too much for my type of processing, but yeah, they will def. sell boatloads

I do enjoy and use some of the VSCO film 2 stuff by the way

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:26 PM
evertdoorn
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · VSCO Film 3

Bit too much for my type of processing, but yeah, they will def. sell boatloads

I do enjoy and use some of the VSCO film 2 stuff by the way

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:26 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · VSCO Film 3

They'll sell a lot to the instagrammers. lol

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:38 PM
DmitriM
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · VSCO Film 3

lol...

I still can't believe people actually STILL buy Lightroom presets. It takes 100s of hours to learn how to use photogshop...and it takes about 10 hours to learn how to use LR...
What's funny, there are many photographers even do blog posts on their purchase and tell clients what they use for editing. "Gee",says a bride, "I can't edit my own photos ,give me the raw files noooowwwww" hahaha

Feb 13, 2013 at 08:23 PM
roland hale
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · VSCO Film 3

DmitriM wrote:
lol...

I still can't believe people actually STILL buy Lightroom presets. It takes 100s of hours to learn how to use photogshop...and it takes about 10 hours to learn how to use LR...
What's funny, there are many photographers even do blog posts on their purchase and tell clients what they use for editing. "Gee",says a bride, "I can't edit my own photos ,give me the raw files noooowwwww" hahaha

I use modified VSCO presets as a baseline for my work - it saves a lot of time, and it gets the effect I'm looking for.

As far as photogs posting it on their blog - one of the first things that popped up for my when I searched "VSCO 3" was the photog's review that I listed above. Given that a lot of us shoot for other photographers, that's pretty impactful marketting, not too mention a valuable interaction with VSCO that could potentially land you even more free publicity.

Feb 13, 2013 at 08:40 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · VSCO Film 3

roland hale wrote:
As far as photogs posting it on their blog - one of the first things that popped up for my when I searched "VSCO 3" was the photog's review that I listed above. Given that a lot of us shoot for other photographers, that's pretty impactful marketting, not too mention a valuable interaction with VSCO that could potentially land you even more free publicity.

yup. i thought it was a great decision to do a blog for that reason as well.

Feb 13, 2013 at 08:43 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password