Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Poster LAx CMP rocks

amlsml
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Poster LAx CMP rocks

Another poster Chris created. Love the simplicity. easy for my workflow and I can change it to any sport. this one the coach ordered for a kid who graduated. Cmp Designs on this board for those interested in his templates.

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:13 PM
BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Poster LAx CMP rocks

Yes, Chris does an amazing job with his templates and I have purchased many of them. I actually have this template and what works well for me on this particular version is desaturating the background, leaving the player in color and maybe even put a little HDR treatment on the player. This would take away a little from the distractions of the players and the car in the background. I would also shrink the logo a little and move it up away from the bottom of the image to give room for framing. I typically try and keep the same distance from edge to edge and it looks like you have more room on the right than you do at the bottom. Nice looking layout though.

Billy-

Feb 13, 2013 at 04:02 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Poster LAx CMP rocks

Andy....In addition to what Billy mentioned....unless that is the way it is spelled, I think you need to make the spacing between ST AUGUSTINE PREP LACROSSE more prominent - especially for ST AUGUSTINE...because it looks like STAUGUSTINE.

Feb 13, 2013 at 04:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Poster LAx CMP rocks

I never even caught that, Frank but I agree.

Feb 13, 2013 at 08:27 PM
amlsml
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Poster LAx CMP rocks

Billy, Thanks never thought of the edge detail and possible framing! Frank funny you caught that. The school is redoing its logo's and at first I had a period after St , then was told to delete it , now it should be back with a space! Nice pick up.

Feb 14, 2013 at 04:01 AM
Tom D
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Poster LAx CMP rocks

Good catch, Frank. I'm a fan of Billy's ideas, too- something I'd be doing if this were mine. I find myself using Topaz more and more these days.

Not that it has to match exactly, but you could probably darken that blue with a Levels adjustment to help the banner match the uni (middle slider to the left). I'd also increase the size of the photo so the subject fills the frame. Maybe even to the point where his lower legs are gone (leaving from the knees up). More dynamic, and that background becomes mostly a non-issue.

Looks great, though...

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password