New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Yellowstone Photographer

oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yellowstone Photographer

This was shot with the Nikon 14-24 adapted to the 5DIII. Just wanted to see how it handled up close. Photographer in front is unknown. Photographer in back is our own D. Robert Franz.. Your opinions and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Steady Hand suggested adding this information to show the reasoning behind this image..
the shoot developed out of a question. Dale Franz ask how close I could be to a subject with the 14-24 and remain in focus? That is Dale in the background. I was within 3 feet of the front photographer, focusing (manually) on Dale's eyes. When I saw the image on my monitor I was blown away on the IQ of this lens.

Edited on Feb 11, 2013 at 02:43 PM · View previous versions

Feb 10, 2013 at 03:07 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yellowstone Photographer

Howdy,

My Quick Comments are offered in a truly friendly tone of voice to help you with C&C.

I see your photo post has had 350+ views and NO comments from viewers.

I am posting a comment in your post because your photo post had over 300 views, yet NO ONE else took the time to thank you for adding photos for us to view. I believe in "The Golden Rule" (treat others as you would like to be treated). It is "good karma" too.

What follows is written in a truly friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you.

_______

Quick Comments:

My Simple Suggestions:

Show a face, not an elbow.

Or....

Show him AND what he is seeing.

Feb 11, 2013 at 09:13 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yellowstone Photographer

Steady Hand wrote:
Howdy,

My Quick Comments are offered in a truly friendly tone of voice to help you with C&C.

I see your photo post has had 350+ views and NO comments from viewers.

I am posting a comment in your post because your photo post had over 300 views, yet NO ONE else took the time to thank you for adding photos for us to view. I believe in "The Golden Rule" (treat others as you would like to be treated). It is "good karma" too.

What follows is written in a truly friendly tone of voice and with the sole
...Show more

I agree with you completely. The face should have been shown, but the shoot developed out of a question. Dale Franz ask how close I could be to a subject with the 14-24 and remain in focus? That is Dale in the background. I was within 3 feet of the front photographer, focusing (manually) on Dale's eyes. When I saw the image on my monitor I was blown away on the IQ of this lens. Your opinions and suggestions are always appreciated. We, like yourself, are traveling the USA looking for the "Perfect Light".. Who knows, we might run into each other.. Thank you, Jim

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yellowstone Photographer

oldrattler wrote:
I agree with you completely. The face should have been shown, but the shoot developed out of a question. Dale Franz ask how close I could be to a subject with the 14-24 and remain in focus? That is Dale in the background. I was within 3 feet of the front photographer, focusing (manually) on Dale's eyes. When I saw the image on my monitor I was blown away on the IQ of this lens. Your opinions and suggestions are always appreciated. We, like yourself, are traveling the USA looking for the "Perfect Light".. Who knows, we might run
...Show more

Nice response.

That is close, and still shows him head to toe. I suggest adding that info up top in the post so others will see that first.

Always happy to meet another friendly photographer too.

Happy trails!

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:22 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yellowstone Photographer

Steady Hand wrote:
Nice response.

That is close, and still shows him head to toe. I suggest adding that info up top in the post so others will see that first.

Always happy to meet another friendly photographer too.

Happy trails!

Good suggestion. I have added the information. Thank you. Jim

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:44 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yellowstone Photographer

Uh, Jim, do you see how freakin' cold it looks in your picture? I wouldn't be worried about the IQ of the lens, I'm worried about the IQ of the photogs!!! Just kidding, couldn't pass on that. If your search for perfect light brings you through Chicago, let me know. Be fun to meet up with you guys. btw, I've been getting by with a Sigma 12-24 which has been adequate, but I'm adding the 14-24 to my arsenal in April, really looking forward to harnessing that lens and its wonderful IQ. I've shot with it a few times, blew me away.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yellowstone Photographer

friscoron wrote:
Uh, Jim, do you see how freakin' cold it looks in your picture? I wouldn't be worried about the IQ of the lens, I'm worried about the IQ of the photogs!!! Just kidding, couldn't pass on that. If your search for perfect light brings you through Chicago, let me know. Be fun to meet up with you guys. btw, I've been getting by with a Sigma 12-24 which has been adequate, but I'm adding the 14-24 to my arsenal in April, really looking forward to harnessing that lens and its wonderful IQ. I've shot with it a few times,
...Show more

Ron; You so nailed the Weather and the IQ of the shooter (me). Both were zero...... That is a good one I must remember. You will love the 14-24 and when we get by Chicago I would love to get together for a little shooting. Thank you, Jim

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.