New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Hank's 89th Birthday Bash

tcgoesch

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hank's 89th Birthday Bash

This is my first post here on FM. I've been actively reading comments from the community on similar photos - now I've finally gotten the nerve to post a couple of my attempts. Comments and suggestions very welcome. Thanks!

Hank (on left) - her real name is Henrietta, but prefers "Hank," and her brother Lee. I had my SB-800 with a diffuser. Did some post processing.

My sister-in-law and her aunt - same setup as #1

The head table - I always struggle to get a group this large to look good

My daughter Sarah - always a good smile

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:27 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hank's 89th Birthday Bash

Howdy,

As this is your first photo post here (but not your first post on FM), let me say: "Welcome to posting here!"

Always good to see more people posting photos here.

My first suggestion: Repost these photos at a smaller size to make them easier to view by more people. I suggest making the TALL side a maximum of 800px tall.

I applaud your addition of captions. I think captions are good in a forum like this.

In general, the people look like they are having a good time together, and that is always nice to see.

And, most importantly, you got a nice shot of Hank, looking happy and having fun with her friends. 89 years old and having a good time is nice to see too.

Of this set I think images 1 and 2 are the best.

You have a "table shot" in this mix. Table shots are easy to take, but more difficult is getting ALL of the people to look good in the image because of proximity to the camera, lighting, odd angles to faces and smiles that may be forced or held for the camera.

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:46 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.