Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · How to jump to first unread post?

romendo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to jump to first unread post?

I am not sure how you guys are doing it but is there a way to jump to the first unread post of a thread? I never remember where I was the day before so maybe there is a trick on this forum software that I am not aware of.

Thanks,
Roland

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:08 AM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to jump to first unread post?

I do not think that the functionality that you desire "to jump to the first unread post of a thread" exists at this time. PM Fred(top right link with his name) and make your suggestion.

As you read a post it changes color. Posts with a new comment get bumped to the top and you can review the newest replies by clicking on the end link. If there is a thread that you wish to follow use the "Get email notification" button and then click on the "My notifications" link at the top left when you wish to return.

Feb 09, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to jump to first unread post?

Yeah, it doesn't keep track of which posts you have read or not. You can keep track of which pages of a multi-page thread you've read tho. By clicking the number of the page your browser will remember that you clicked that link and render it a different color. Make sure you have your browser set to keep history long enough for that to be useful tho. I set mine to 1 year.

But to me this is an issue of brain power and reading speed. Get some books on memory building maybe and take a free on-line course on how to skim a document. Those ARE skills and there are skill-levels to it so that's not a put-down or condescension.

Feb 09, 2013 at 06:03 PM
romendo

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to jump to first unread post?

Thanks for the responses. I guess I have to work on my brain power

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM
photolight

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to jump to first unread post?

Where is the get small notification if you are not posting on the topic?

Mar 12, 2013 at 07:50 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.