Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon 400 f5.6 focus question????

MS PHOTO
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 400 f5.6 focus question????

I have a new Canon 400 f5.6 lens that I use on a Canon 1D Mark IV & when I use it I find when I have it set to al-servo and focus on a subject and get a clear focus if I don't hold down the shutter button it drifts out of focus. Is is normal
Paul

Feb 09, 2013 at 07:40 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 400 f5.6 focus question????

I'm not sure that I understand your question? If you activate the AF with your shutter button, then you must press it if you like the focus to follow a subject. If you don't press any button on your camera and AF will not work

Feb 09, 2013 at 08:26 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 400 f5.6 focus question????

When the shutter button is fully released, the camera stops the AF function, and the lens AF group remains on the last focusing distance just before the camera terminated AF.

However, if you continue to observe your target in the VF after letting go off the shutter button, you might see defocus develop because either your target and/or you have moved.

That is the way it is supposed to work. If you see anything different, then your gear may be in need of service.

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:14 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 400 f5.6 focus question????

MS PHOTO wrote:
I have a new Canon 400 f5.6 lens that I use on a Canon 1D Mark IV & when I use it I find when I have it set to al-servo and focus on a subject and get a clear focus if I don't hold down the shutter button it drifts out of focus. Is is normal
Paul

Yes, because you are moving the lens slightly. Try the same thing using a tripod.

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:05 PM
MS PHOTO
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 400 f5.6 focus question????

Ok, That makes sense, does not happen when using one shot.Thanks guys
Paul

Feb 09, 2013 at 04:54 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.