Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Rock Abstracts

dalongfellow
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Rock Abstracts

It's winter in Cleveland, so I find myself taking pictures of rocks. All of these are from the Cuyahoga Valley NP (or adjacent metroparks). The first two are from an area called "The Ledges" and the last from the Gorge metropark. Lots of sandstone and shale layers which erode in intricate patterns with lots of color variations. Between here and in Maine, I could probably put together a book of rock images, but somehow I think that would be of limited commercial value!

Would love to hear any reactions or thoughts on these. Anyone else into rock details?

Nikon D700 for all, EXIF under each image.

Dave

Ledges, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio

NIKON D700    70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6 lens    70mm    f/18.0    1/25s    200 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Sandstone, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio

NIKON D700    70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6 lens    200mm    f/18.0    1/13s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Gorge Metropark, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

NIKON D700    14.0-24.0 mm f/2.8 lens    18mm    f/22.0    2s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Feb 08, 2013 at 07:39 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Rock Abstracts

Hey Dave,

Very interesting intimate landscapes. I like #1, it looks like there is a pathway in the rock.

Jim

Feb 08, 2013 at 07:47 PM
Julian Nell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Rock Abstracts

+1 on Jim's comment about how there appears to be a pathway in the first shot. The #1 shot is my pick as well.

Julian

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:33 AM
rhazleh
• •
p.1 #4 · Rock Abstracts

I really like these. This is what I see when I go to Zion with so many patterns in the rocks. It is very difficult to capture. Nice work here.

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

teked
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Rock Abstracts

Very cool looking shots, Dave. That first appears like a set of stairs to a cave dwelling. Very nice perspective. Every once in a blue moon I get up in the Cleveland area. I'll have to remember this place for my next visit.

Cheers,
Ed

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:37 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Rock Abstracts

teked wrote:
Very cool looking shots, Dave. That first appears like a set of stairs to a cave dwelling. Very nice perspective. Every once in a blue moon I get up in the Cleveland area. I'll have to remember this place for my next visit.

Cheers,
Ed

Ed: let me know if you are heading this way. There are a number of interesting areas within the park (although it is no Yosemite!). Depending on the time of the year, I can give you a few suggestions.

Feb 09, 2013 at 05:08 PM
teked
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Rock Abstracts

dalongfellow wrote:
Ed: let me know if you are heading this way. There are a number of interesting areas within the park (although it is no Yosemite!). Depending on the time of the year, I can give you a few suggestions.

Certainly will. Thanks, Dave.

Feb 09, 2013 at 05:24 PM
gnagel
• •
p.1 #8 · Rock Abstracts

These are nicely done. I like the compositions and textures.

Glenn

Feb 09, 2013 at 08:19 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password