Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Old Sheldon Church, Yemassee SC

smmokan16
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Old Sheldon Church, Yemassee SC

This church has been burned down (once by the British Army, once by the Federal Army) and rebuilt TWICE since it was originally constructed in 1750. As soon as you step onto the grounds, the place oozes history. I didn't get ideal lighting conditions, but I thought the shadows and mood of this picture were appropriate for the setting.

Feb 08, 2013 at 04:18 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Old Sheldon Church, Yemassee SC

Hey Steve,

This place sounds like a very interesting location. I think the shadow detail is fine, it seems to be a bit too bright though in a few spots in the shot though. I also think I would crop just a bit off the top to lose the branches that look kind of funny along the top edge. They distract from the building.

Jim

Feb 08, 2013 at 05:47 PM
rhazleh
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Old Sheldon Church, Yemassee SC

No kidding, I have a painting that my grandfather left me that looks just like this place. It has to be the same. The painting hung in his sitting room for many years - in Columbia SC. When he died at 93 , my family ended up with the painting. Thanks for the memory - this is so SC in how the oak and moss dominate the old plantation ruins. More about mood than composition I think.

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:49 AM
smmokan16
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Old Sheldon Church, Yemassee SC

rhazleh wrote:
More about mood than composition I think.

Spot on. I have others with the entire church as the focal point, but I really liked the way the old live oaks seemed to dominate the church on one end.

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:11 AM
dswiger
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Old Sheldon Church, Yemassee SC

This looks like a painting.
I too think the mood is more central to this image.
I would try to mute the high-lights a little but otherwise I like it alot.

Dan

Feb 09, 2013 at 04:51 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password