Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Archive 2013 · Tried to catch the Nikon bug...

sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Tried to catch the Nikon bug...

form wrote:
No, I don't have the time or interest. I shoot RAW with one of the presets and do color adjustment later, but I make it easier on myself by using CTO gels on flash when indoors in incandescent light and I already know the colors for sunlight, flourescent, etc. It's also easier to do color adjustment in post when they are all at the same WB preset instead of auto.

what is the color temp of a sunny cloudless day at 4:30PM at Red Rocks in September looking north?

just for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

you see I archive items at times for the NPS. color is somewhat important, so when I shoot. they/we card every shot so that it can be reasonably balanced for accuracy to a standard reference. if I were shooting in a studio that can be highly controlled. (where I work out of is a certified disaster for now after sandy) step outside and let the variations begin and all bets are off. yes both sensors see the world through their own "colored" vision. believe me in the end for you a reference can and will become the great equalizer in your quest.

© sjms 2012

Edited on Feb 10, 2013 at 09:22 AM · View previous versions

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:03 AM
Johnmel

Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Tried to catch the Nikon bug...

I have had a few issues with my D800 but I have learned to work around them and I now really enjoy using it

Having said that, there are a lot of very defensive replies to the ops original post. What nobody can defend however is the refusal by Nikon to admit there are any problems with the D800 or D600. Because of this there is now a lot of very negative stuff about Nikon regarding their QA and customer service.

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:22 AM
form
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Tried to catch the Nikon bug...

pdxflint wrote:
I've seen excellent wedding work done with both Nikon and Canon gear... so, just pick the stuff that works for you and go for it. I'm sure your clients won't really care one way or the other if the work is good.

Yes they can both be used to produce great results, but only because there is a lot of flexibility in photography style, lens choice, and ways to do the same thing...and you can find clients who will like just about any style as long as there are some aesthetically interesting or pleasing elements contained.

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.