Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2013 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh
  
 
david1234
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Hey FM, have been working on a editing series in Lightroom this past year and wanted to share my most recent one. A lot of photographers ask me why i shoot raw, I made this video to demonstrate why and the powers of RAW



enjoy

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBndiGc4o1c


Preview:






Feb 06, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Deanh
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Thank you very much for the video. Clear and informative with a little humor even, and no crap music background!

Keep em coming.



Feb 07, 2013 at 12:51 AM
T-bone1
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Thank you for this!

-T



Feb 07, 2013 at 02:09 AM
david1234
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Deanh wrote:
Thank you very much for the video. Clear and informative with a little humor even, and no crap music background!

Keep em coming.


Thank you sir! im sure you understand all the hipster references haha



Feb 07, 2013 at 02:54 AM
BobnJake
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Thanks


Feb 07, 2013 at 05:10 PM
joeyvu
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Thanks Dave...It's awsome...


Feb 07, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Ed Swift
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Interesting tutorial, thanks for sharing it.


Feb 09, 2013 at 11:02 AM
bruce13turner
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Great work! I would normally make those adjustments in Photoshop. Apparently I was missing the true power of Lightroom for masking and localized adjustments.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Bruce



Feb 09, 2013 at 03:50 PM
qwyjibo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Nice David, thanks for sharing.


Feb 09, 2013 at 06:58 PM
david1234
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


bruce13turner wrote:
Great work! I would normally make those adjustments in Photoshop. Apparently I was missing the true power of Lightroom for masking and localized adjustments.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Bruce


I did the same for quite some time, crazy what LR can do!

Thanks everyone for the comments!



Feb 09, 2013 at 10:15 PM
 



jbrandt378
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


David, this is great! Thanks for posting your workflow. I checked out your facebook page and saw this photo shoot as well.

My only thing I might comment on is to watch what you are saying about the subjects in your photos as you are editing them and posting to youtube. At 10min in you start to comment about some "garbage" on here skin around her chest area. I would hate for a paying client to stumble across this on youtube and hear you talking about them in such a way. My 2 cents.

Jason



Feb 10, 2013 at 06:33 PM
david1234
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


jbrandt378 wrote:
David, this is great! Thanks for posting your workflow. I checked out your facebook page and saw this photo shoot as well.

My only thing I might comment on is to watch what you are saying about the subjects in your photos as you are editing them and posting to youtube. At 10min in you start to comment about some "garbage" on here skin around her chest area. I would hate for a paying client to stumble across this on youtube and hear you talking about them in such a way. My 2 cents.

Jason


Thanks Jason, totally agree with your comment above, whenever i make these videos its about 2+am so im a little out of it and need to watch my mouth! Luckily i know both of these folks very well however in any other instance that would not be acceptable!



Feb 11, 2013 at 01:45 AM
Michaelparris
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Nice shot....reminds me of portlandia....


Feb 14, 2013 at 06:35 AM
ilikeglass
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Do you want constructive criticism? The image quality in the upper left quadrant is renders the image unacceptable as a commercial product. Due to firewall I'm unable to view the video. Other than that I like the shot. I would have posed the woman facing more toward the camera, but not necessarily exact straight on like the guy. Keep up the good work!


Feb 14, 2013 at 04:23 PM
musingclouds
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Commercial products are whatever the person wants to give you.

So the above statement you made is moot.



Feb 14, 2013 at 08:55 PM
Evan JF Roth
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


ilikeglass wrote:
Do you want constructive criticism? The image quality in the upper left quadrant is renders the image unacceptable as a commercial product. Due to firewall I'm unable to view the video. Other than that I like the shot. I would have posed the woman facing more toward the camera, but not necessarily exact straight on like the guy. Keep up the good work!

Crazy talk! I would use this shot any day for commercial advertising or marketing.



Feb 14, 2013 at 09:30 PM
david1234
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Always want constructive criticism, thanks for the comments guys, like i said in the video, they are going for the hipster grain feel for their session. So the quality of the upper left does not render the image "unacceptable" imo. And to be honest, how many typical people look at the background vs the subject?


Feb 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM
ilikeglass
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


I find the image quality upper left, - milky, opaque, distracting. This is my opinion. I wouldn't submit it.


Feb 15, 2013 at 03:10 PM
Michaelparris
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


david1234 wrote:
Always want constructive criticism, thanks for the comments guys, like i said in the video, they are going for the hipster grain feel for their session. So the quality of the upper left does not render the image "unacceptable" imo. And to be honest, how many typical people look at the background vs the subject?


I do....The entire scene creates the photograph not just what is in focus.....Don't know if it is "unacceptable" but it is distracting. It is my belief that the eye is naturally pulled to the brightest part of the frame...my 2 cents



Feb 15, 2013 at 05:07 PM
david1234
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Power of Raw - Lightroom 4 Tutorial - Portrait Sesh


Michaelparris wrote:
I do....The entire scene creates the photograph not just what is in focus.....Don't know if it is "unacceptable" but it is distracting. It is my belief that the eye is naturally pulled to the brightest part of the frame...my 2 cents


Good point. Ill watch out for flash flair more next time when doing hair light, i didn't have a grid or anything on that flash which made it pretty flair pretty bad

Thanks



Feb 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password