Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Helenka B (B&W Ship)

sb in ak
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Helenka B (B&W Ship)

Posted this over in the Nikon forum (D800 shots) so hopefully it's OK if it goes here as well.

Last night I headed down to the boat harbor here in Homer, Alaska, and got this shot. D800 w/24-70 G at 55mm. f/8, ISO 100, 13 sec.

I've looked at this a few times and it seems like it's off level but I can't quite decide as it might be the reflection throwing me off.

Processed in Silver Efex with somewhat heavy contrast. C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.

Feb 06, 2013 at 07:46 PM
bclimey

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Helenka B (B&W Ship)

Very nice image, I like the reflections in the water. If you look at the masts or antennas they seem to be vertical so it is level.

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:55 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Helenka B (B&W Ship)

Havent measured anything, but looks good by eye.
Nicely done and great reflections. I like the high contrast.
Warm winter?

Scott

Feb 07, 2013 at 01:15 AM
Dougo
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Helenka B (B&W Ship)

Great detail, the high contrast works well, the light bursts are cool. well done.

Cheers Ray

Feb 07, 2013 at 09:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Helenka B (B&W Ship)

Excellent nighttime capture. Great detail and clarity.
Douglas

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:07 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Helenka B (B&W Ship)

the water makes the shot for me. Very cool due to the long exposure...

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:33 PM
cltmte
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Helenka B (B&W Ship)

Very nice image. Great black and white. With these types of shots it is hard to tell if the perspective makes it off level or not. Others may give a different opinion. I ran a ruler (photoshop) up one of the masts towards the left end of the image and it showed a .6 degree clockwise rotation which I did and surprisingly it makes a difference in the image. It is minor (noticeable but minor) and you should be the judge of which way you like it.

I just plain like the result of the execution of the shot you captured here. Thanks for sharing

Mark

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:51 PM
sb in ak
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Helenka B (B&W Ship)

cltmte wrote:
Very nice image. Great black and white. With these types of shots it is hard to tell if the perspective makes it off level or not. Others may give a different opinion. I ran a ruler (photoshop) up one of the masts towards the left end of the image and it showed a .6 degree clockwise rotation which I did and surprisingly it makes a difference in the image. It is minor (noticeable but minor) and you should be the judge of which way you like it.

I just plain like the result of the execution of the shot you captured
...Show more

Thanks, Mark! I think I'll do the same in Lightroom and straighten it up!

It has been a warm winter here. Was around 35F when I took this shot. No wind either....almost like summer

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Feb 07, 2013 at 06:57 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password