FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

Tuan Le
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

Two more images from a detour through the preserve last year. A few rain cloud systems were seen in the distant but luckily I wasn't caught in any of them for the few hours I was there. C&C welcomed!

1. http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gFa8ZaapT50/URJo0CyTLGI/AAAAAAAAIF0/EoJSNTw4aeo/s700/img_0518.jpg

2. http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1GvU8z05YNg/URJo0Mulv6I/AAAAAAAAIFw/TgKszQnqI54/s700/img_1632.jpg

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:34 AM
Mitchell Derr
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

These are nice Tuan. Thanks for sharing the BW's. I like the second one best.

Feb 06, 2013 at 10:47 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

I like the 2nd one best also. I think the sand is a tag to bright in the first...too much contrast with the rest of the scene.

Feb 06, 2013 at 10:56 AM
astro-ep
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

Nice! Great clouds and sand detail. #2 gets my vote also.

Thanks for sharing,

Eric

Feb 06, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

I really like both of these, Tuan.
Funny about how people interpret things so differently. For example, I prefer the first image BECAUSE of the contrast. Mind you, I'm a documentary shooter and tend not to view images from an "artistic" angle as much as I do from a story-telling angle.
The sun is shining on all that foreground sand, and the image shows us that. But the background mountains are dark and stormy, and the image also shows us that they are.
This is to me a perfect story-telling image about the suddenly changing weather found in our southwest deserts.
If the sand were over-exposed, that would be different. But it's not; it's just right.
Just my $.02 of course .
Charlie

Feb 06, 2013 at 01:59 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

Thanks everyone for taking look and sharing your thoughts on these. I appreciate it.

Chez, like Charlie mentioned, it was bright on the sand once the sun poked out. I actually went back and brightened the sand because it looked a bit too muted after I first processed the image. I also lightened the mountains in the distance, but didn't want to do it too much since they were pretty dark with all those clouds above them. I was nervous that some of these storm clouds in the distance might head my way but in the end I got away dry.

Feb 06, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

Great drama in both, but the more abnormal cloud formation in #2 gets the win for me.

Tim

Feb 07, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

Lots of drama in these, very cool. I gotta stop by that area next time in out that way.

Feb 07, 2013 at 10:38 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

Wonderful captures Tuan.
Douglas

Feb 07, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

Wonderful BW set Tuan. The second feels a bit more balanced. Love the dramatic sky on it.
Fred

Feb 07, 2013 at 01:54 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · B&Ws From Mojave National Preserve

Thanks again everyone for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

Steve Perry wrote:
Lots of drama in these, very cool. I gotta stop by that area next time in out that way.

It's often overlooked but there's a lot of interesting places to explore. I need to go back more often myself.

Feb 08, 2013 at 12:01 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.