Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lexar CF cards and cold weather

wuping
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lexar CF cards and cold weather

Here in Florida our "cold" days are few and far between. Recently, when the camera was cold ERR 99 poped up. Going through the usual routine, battery removed, card reseated, the problem goes away. This has happenned a few times and with both bodies. .

A little internet research comes up with several posts on other boards regarding the problem with Canon and Lexar, but they are almost four years old. After reading about the cold and memory cards, I placed the cards in the freezer for about ten minutes and all of the Lexar cards had read issues in both of my 1D mk III's every time the test was done.

Lexar is in the process of replacing 4 8gb 800x cards since it has only happenned with that particular brand and they are brand new.

Feb 05, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Lexar CF cards and cold weather

People here in my country use them without any problems in the cold weather. It can be -20 C evry day for a couple of months

Feb 06, 2013 at 01:34 AM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Lexar CF cards and cold weather

Had a Lexar out in a Nikon D800e a couple of weeks ago in Alamosa CO. -31F. No issues with camera or card - as for me, that's another matter altogether!

Peace,

Todd

Feb 06, 2013 at 06:20 AM
matt4626
• • •
p.1 #4 · Lexar CF cards and cold weather

Just back from Yellowstone...-12*...no problems...

Feb 06, 2013 at 03:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mike-in-ak
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Lexar CF cards and cold weather

I routinely cold soak my D300 and D700 with Lexar 16Gb Platinum II 200x cards when out for a long night of Aurora photography. Temps can get down to -30F for hours.

No problems, except with my fingers.

Feb 07, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Corojo
• • •
p.1 #6 · Lexar CF cards and cold weather

keep an old/beater 1ds2 for my cold/wet weather personnal stuff up here in NW Ohio. Format the Lexar cards 2x year in computor/always format in Camera before the shoot - NO issues. Just got back from our local park - its brutal up here!

Feb 08, 2013 at 09:10 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Lexar CF cards and cold weather

The Lexar cards work as good as any other brand in the cold

Feb 11, 2013 at 05:41 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password