Upload & Sell: Off
| p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon 35-70 f2.8 vs kit nikon 24-85 VR on FX || |
I tried a 35-70/2.8 for a year or so. Sold it, no regrets:
1. Good stopped down (5.6), but low contrast, not great near 2.8. The 28-70/2.8 is much better here.
2. Noisy AF(annoyingly so, unlike some screwdrive lenses that are ok).
3. Narrow zoom range. Just use a 50/1.8G instead, maybe.
4. Decided that my early Tokina 28-70/2.6-2.8 was better between the two (still not great), but I never use it. It will be sold soon since I now have the 28-70AFS.
5. I now have a 28-70/2.8 AFS which is much better, but a lot bigger/heavier.
5. Wish Nikon would update the 35/2AF to have better optics close to open. I would much rather have this mythical lens than a 35-70. Have a 28/2 AIS that I like and use a lot, will probably get the 28/1.8G. I can't justify a 35/1.4 AFS.
6. I also have the 24-85G, prefer it to the 35-70 for the significantly wider zoom range.