Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Need alittle help with CS6 Bridge preview display

wrsmt

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Need alittle help with CS6 Bridge preview display

I know this issue is simple and stupid on my part but after several hours, I can't figure it out.

I have been using CS6 without problem for some time now with several cameras. I just got a 5DIII. First images from 5DIII into Bridge (using essentials mode) showed only the CR2 icons (not the actual images) under CONTENT (the vertical rows of thumbnails) and in the much larger PREVIEW window to the right. I figured I needed to update CS6 software for the newer camera. After updating CS6 all of the thumbnails under CONTENT show the actual images, as they should, but the large PREVIEW window still shows only the CR2 icon instead of the actual image, when single left clicking a thumbnail. I can double left click the thumbnails and the actual image loads into PS as normal. I have tried every combination of VIEW and WINDOW I can think of but still can not get a large preview image to appear, just the icon.

Please help this dummy.

Feb 03, 2013 at 06:50 PM
James_N
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Need alittle help with CS6 Bridge preview display

Did you update the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in to the latest version (7.3)? In Bridge, click on Help > Updates and install all the updates shown as available.

Have you tried clearing the cache? In Bridge, navigate to the folder containing the 5DIII files, and click on Tools > Cache > Purge cache for folder....

Feb 03, 2013 at 06:56 PM
wrsmt

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Need alittle help with CS6 Bridge preview display

Jim

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou. The plug-in was updated. It was the purge cache that fixed it. Just one click and it is all good. I knew it had to be a stupid setting thing that I was doing incorrectly, but could not find anything in the help section that referred to it. Was that an issue just because those particular images were loaded into bridge prior to all the updates being done? I knew somebody would roll their eyes and chuckle at the computer "dinosaur" and point me in the right direction.

Thanks again. I have been reading and learning on FM for years but that was my first real post.

Feb 03, 2013 at 07:23 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password