New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Shuttersnitch help

Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shuttersnitch help

Ok guys I wonder if the collective knowledge can help me

I've just started to use shuttersnitch on my iPad. At the moment Ive not got my wifi SD card up and running (that will come in a couple of days) but I was getting to grips with the app by importing photos from the 'photos' app of the iPad.
I like the way snitch works and find the way to rate images very helpful .

I also found a neat little add on for Lightroom that allows me to export my ratings to the raw files I import into Lightroom (I'm only dealing with jpegs in the iPad/shuttersnitch)

Now here's the problem . Shuttersnitch is changing the filename when it imports my image from 'photos'

Eg I have a file named img_xxxx in photos but shuttersnitch creats a filename imp_0001 (and then +1 for each new file)
So obviously the rating list that I try to sync with Lightroom and the raw's that are in Lightroom don't match up.

Question is how do I stop shuttersnitch changing the filename, I've looked into the settings and can't see an option . (Maybe I. Having a brainfart today) .
I also looked at the snitch forum but didnt see any obvious threads

Thanks in advance

Feb 03, 2013 at 11:31 AM
struggs

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shuttersnitch help

Ian
Did you get any solutions to your problem. I'm trying to find one myself.
struggs

Dec 06, 2013 at 01:10 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shuttersnitch help

struggs wrote:
Ian
Did you get any solutions to your problem. I'm trying to find one myself.
struggs

HI , no sorry . I emailed the snitch people and got a reply back saying

"Sorry, but when using the Photos app, filenames are lost..

Apps that import from the Photos app are just handed over the raw bytes, but aren't told what the original filename was. No way of knowing it. "

this may well be true but I have used other apps that can get images from the image app and they still have the filename .

I stopped using snitch. if it could do the above it would be a good fast solution .

at the moment im trying to get by using PHOTOSMITH . it will take images and file names from the photos app but has issues in the transfer .
photosmith is better used by taking images already in Lightroom and transfering them to the ipad . you can rate /keyword etc and then sync them back . if it could offer light PP'ing it would be almost the 'holly grail' (considering we still havnt seen the lightroom for ipad that adobe were talking about a few months ago)

there are issues though .
transfer to and from the ipad is only via WIFI . so its slow for anything more than a few images . its prone to lossing the connection
and also I fnd that the image files tend to stay in the Photosmith APP even when youve deleted them from the Lighroom collection (it works via a plugin that you create collections in to publish to the ipad) and they are very hard to delete (fully) from the ipad . so the best way round this is to delete the APP from the ipad and start again .

Dec 07, 2013 at 02:55 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.