Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lexar 1000X CF Card

barmy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lexar 1000X CF Card

I just purchased a 16gb Lexar 1000X CF Card for my Canon 5D Mk III and am very disappointed in the results. Am I expecting too much (about 3 shots in raw before the transfer starts slowing down). Do I need to do something to increase the speed (different firmware for the camera, formatting the card differently)? It's reacting as my 400X Lexar card does.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Feb 02, 2013 at 06:22 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lexar 1000X CF Card

I get fantastic throughput with that same card (32GB) in the 5D III.
Do you have one of the NR modes, original decisiuon data, etc. turned on in the custom functions? The SDxx slot is very slow, so make sure you are not trying to write to both cards at the same time.

EBH

Feb 02, 2013 at 10:06 PM
liamtoh1

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lexar 1000X CF Card

Did you purchase the item from a reputable retailer? There are lot of fake memory cards being sold at really cheap prices (ebay or third party sellers on Amazon). I usually buy my stuff from Amazon (where amazon is the seller). The other retailers I trust are B&H and JR.com.

Feb 15, 2013 at 04:44 AM
unclechuck
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lexar 1000X CF Card

Did you format the card in the camera? It isn't totally essential for function --- but it's a handy indicator as most fake cards won't format.

liamtoh1 wrote

I usually buy my stuff from Amazon (where amazon is the seller).

Sound Counsel: Never buy from 'sold by' unless you know and trust the Seller. Amazon is just the agent fulfilling the order, although they are excellent at refunding scam deals.

Feb 15, 2013 at 01:33 PM
lara_ckl
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lexar 1000X CF Card

I don't shoot Canon, but this blog post addresses your issues.

http://jeffcable.blogspot.ca/2012/06/why-you-should-not-put-sd-card-in-your.html

Feb 15, 2013 at 02:38 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password