New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · eye-fi problem

lucas lumiere
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · eye-fi problem

Hello All,

I've been pulling my hair out for the last few hours trying to figure out a way to solve this problem. Basically, after setting up my eye-fi card with my canon 5d3 and using it successfully for a while, the camera suddenly told me it couldn't view the small jpegs in slot 2 (sd slot) and so I formatted it and then it seemed to be okay for a while. Now suddenly after trying to set up the wifi again via card reader, when I re insert the card, the camera can't see it and shows 2 empty slots.

Any ideas how I could get this card to show up again. Is there a way to reformat on my mac that would allow the card to be read again?

Thanks for looking any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lucas

Feb 01, 2013 at 07:57 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · eye-fi problem

You can reformat an SD card in your Mac very simply using the Disk Utility. It's called an "Erase", though, rather than a "Format". Just make sure to select the appropriate (non-Mac) format method.

Having said that, sounds like you may have a bad card. In my experience, Eye-Fi has very good customer support, and quickly replaced a bad card for me a few years back.

Feb 01, 2013 at 10:10 PM
lucas lumiere
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · eye-fi problem

I did try and format using the mac, that didn't help. Thank you for your reply, I'll deal with it one way or another.

Feb 02, 2013 at 10:42 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.