Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Dead battery in JOBO Gigavew do I need a replacement?

UKbadger

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Dead battery in JOBO Gigavew do I need a replacement?

The battery on my much loved JOBO Gigavew pro has died. Does anyone know if it can be replaced, or am I now forced to get a replacement for the whole HDD/photo viewer?

Itís the old, flying to the wilderness, carryon baggage problem, laptop is just too heavy. I have a Nexto HDD as my BU, but really want to have the screen and raw decoding that the JOBO had, in my primary HDD.

Could I use a HyperDrive ColorSpace UDMA II - 3.2" TFT LCD with a PC, as it always seems to be shown connecting to a mac?

Are any of the new tablets able to do the same job or better, with maybe just a few more grams?

There used to be quite a few options to choose from, but Iím struggling a bit to find a solution!

UKB

Feb 01, 2013 at 05:45 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Dead battery in JOBO Gigavew do I need a replacement?

1st of all have you contacted Jobo? they maybe able to help.

but assuming you cant get it replaced (I googled to see and couldnt see anything obvious)

Hyperdrive: I think you can connect to a win Box .

Tablet optitions.:
well i guess it depends on your capacity needs .
But my Bro In law and farther in law have both just bought themselves micro surfaces. niether are photographers (and they wont lent me near ) but from what i can gather it will let you connect a card reader (or cable most cameras) and you can connect a standard portable hard drive to it or use the Card slot . looks a neat device .

I use an ipad which i find a great photo tool but even my 64gig version cannot be called a storage device . but I can use something called AIRSTASH to send image files from the ipad. its the only device ive found that does this. it works a treat BUT as its wireless and as raw files are pretty big its not really a workable solution due to the speed . also you need a supply of SD cards for it.

I think the backup memory options like the jobo etc have all but died out due to the low cost of memory cards these days . a large supply of cards as long as your not stocking up on the largest and fastest is a feesible option now.

Feb 01, 2013 at 08:36 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Dead battery in JOBO Gigavew do I need a replacement?

UKbadger wrote:
The battery on my much loved JOBO Gigavew pro has died. Does anyone know if it can be replaced, or am I now forced to get a replacement for the whole HDD/photo viewer?

Itís the old, flying to the wilderness, carryon baggage problem, laptop is just too heavy. I have a Nexto HDD as my BU, but really want to have the screen and raw decoding that the JOBO had, in my primary HDD.

Could I use a HyperDrive ColorSpace UDMA II - 3.2" TFT LCD with a PC, as it always seems to be shown connecting to a mac?

Are any of
...Show more

I have been using my Hyperdrive with all PC equipment since it came out years ago. it is in no way a mac specific product

Feb 01, 2013 at 09:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

UKbadger

p.1 #4 · Dead battery in JOBO Gigavew do I need a replacement?

Thanks Ian.Dobinson

Last trip, I came back from Africa with about 150 GB and it was a very disappointing trip photo wise, [terrible weather] and might have produced way more than double that. So not a lot of choice for one of modest means it seems!

UKB

Edited on Feb 02, 2013 at 12:30 AM · View previous versions

Feb 02, 2013 at 12:28 AM
UKbadger

p.1 #5 · Dead battery in JOBO Gigavew do I need a replacement?

Thanks sjms

It was surprisingly difficult to find that out for sure!

UKB

Feb 02, 2013 at 12:29 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Dead battery in JOBO Gigavew do I need a replacement?

the Hyperdrive is still in production. and its battery is easily gotten as it is a "standard" lithium ion cell
https://www.hypershop.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=133

Feb 02, 2013 at 02:18 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password