Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Callie

deinfaces
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Callie

Well, half of Callie.
Bob
http://www.deinfaces.com/

Feb 01, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Callie

hi Bob,

I like expressive photos. So I like this one.

But, I would prefer to see more of the face/head, so....I suggest taking a step back to frame it so more shows.

Also, if you use a small enough aperture, and focus on the closest subject, you should be able to get BOTH subjects in focus. I would prefer to see that too.

I hope these comments help you.

Feb 01, 2013 at 02:56 PM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Callie

Yes Bob, by all means I want to see the pup sharply focused too! An excellent prop, was she whispering something in the pup's ear?
Douglas

Feb 01, 2013 at 04:36 PM
johnmfisk

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Callie

Bob,

I really love the photo! You captured the young woman with a relaxed and joyful expression, and her one visible eye really locks your attention.

Like :Steady: and :douter: - maybe step back slightly to get a bit more of both subjects, and bring the puppy into focus. At this age, they can be serious wigglers so you sometimes have to take what you get...

Thanks for sharing.

cheers,
John

(BTW, I have a "Callie" - 75 lb Golden Retriever turning 2 today. He was supposed to be "Butch", but my girls named after one of the characters in Howl's Moving Castle)

Feb 01, 2013 at 05:50 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Callie

Thank you, Steady, Douglas, and John. I had a different view. The dog was just slightly soft, so I gave her some Gaussian blur, so that only Callie would be sharp.

Callie wasn't whispering to the dog, she was holding on for dear life. :-)

Feb 02, 2013 at 12:41 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password