Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Pro Rider Pat Manzi

gazzaf1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Pro Rider Pat Manzi

Took a break during a recent trick riding session on a frozen pond to take a few portraits of pro rider Pat Manzi. It was -4 degrees on the ice.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens    70mm    f/8.0    1/320s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 31, 2013 at 03:58 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Pro Rider Pat Manzi

Nice shot, I like this! I like that you went with the wider DOF so the motorcycle stayed in focus. If you wanted C&C, I would have made one suggestion.

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:15 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Pro Rider Pat Manzi

Nice image for having been taken in pretty harsh light. Nice color. Nice expression albeit with some understandable squinting.

If it was me, I would make it a 10x8 crop to eliminate the extra space on the right, particularly since his gaze is towards the left of the frame. I think it would make it look a little more "puposeful" as a portrait if that was your intention.

Just as an observation, this is a pretty good example of how cool colors can give the impression of being farther away and warmer colors of being closer. Together, they can cause a pronounced "3D" effect for a lot of people. His face really jumps out of the photo in this one - for me anyway.

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:22 PM

Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Pro Rider Pat Manzi

Also Olaf, in case you weren't aware, you are posting your images in the ProPhoto colorspace. People using browsers that are not color-managed are going to see the colors as being off. Also, since 500px strips the profile for thumbnails, almost all of your thumbnails over there look off, even when using a color-managed browser.

If you are doing it on purpose, fine. Just keep in mind that you are limiting your audience somewhat in terms of who will be able to see the tones and colors as you intended.

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:38 PM
gazzaf1
• •
p.1 #5 · Pro Rider Pat Manzi

Eyeball wrote:
Also Olaf, in case you weren't aware, you are posting your images in the ProPhoto colorspace. People using browsers that are not color-managed are going to see the colors as being off. Also, since 500px strips the profile for thumbnails, almost all of your thumbnails over there look off, even when using a color-managed browser.

If you are doing it on purpose, fine. Just keep in mind that you are limiting your audience somewhat in terms of who will be able to see the tones and colors as you intended.

Thanks for letting me know that, I did not know.

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:53 PM
derry1
• • •
p.1 #6 · Pro Rider Pat Manzi

nice work, I like it,,

Derry

Jan 31, 2013 at 05:45 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password