© diamondroad 2013

© diamondroad 2013

© diamondroad 2013

© diamondroad 2013

Jan 30, 2013 at 08:16 PM
atattn

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bad-ass Steve

Please take these with a grain of salt as I am an amateur of no talent, but as no one else has I'll offer comments and maybe learn something from the responses to the comments.
I get the grain for a hard or grunge look, but to me it is overdone to the point where it softens the photo subject and takes away the contrast between subject and background. In the first maybe also crop the bright upper left corner. I like the pose and frame.
The 2nd is my favorite, maybe because of the Motley tat, but also the subject stands out the most in that one.
Mike

Jan 31, 2013 at 03:19 PM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bad-ass Steve

I think the pictures not showing his slippers look more bad-ass than the others I also agree with atattn about the grain. My personal favourite is probably the 1st or the 3rd photo but I think you should've taken a few shots without those shades as well.

Oh and you've found some cool locations!

Jan 31, 2013 at 05:40 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bad-ass Steve

4 for me in this set.
Also agree about the choice of footwear.

Feb 01, 2013 at 05:32 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bad-ass Steve

I really like #3. I think it does the best job of transmitting "bad ass" if that's what you were going for and I like the interplay between him and the cracks in the wall.

My suggestion would be to get some close-ups of both him and his tattoos. Having the environmental shots is fine but I think you need to get closer to really start transmitting his character.

Edited on Feb 01, 2013 at 11:41 AM · View previous versions

Feb 01, 2013 at 10:43 AM
fgransee
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bad-ass Steve

The third would be my favorite ... # 4 feels like a shot from the surveillance camera although I do like the mix of colors in that photo. The Flip Flops are an unfortunate detail. I'd like to have seen a shot with a pose that feature his arms and hands a little more. Kind of crazy (bad ass) to tattoo your hands like that but it would make for some pretty dramatic shots / portraits.
Apart from that ... If this would be for a CD cover or some sort of self promotion I would suggest (if I would be a close friend of the person) to cut the hair a little shorter. Have it long, very long but not so long that it looks too feminine. Other than that a certainly a cool look in my opinion.

Feb 01, 2013 at 11:35 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.