Upload & Sell: Off
| p.1 #3 · 2013 Girls Varsity Shoot for a cure game. |
P Alesse wrote:
If you want honest critique, you'll get more feedback by posting about 12 shots in the body of your post.
I sifted through the first 30 shots or so and have suggestions...
1) Avoid backs. A shot like this would not be a keeper:
2) Your exposures seem to be all over the place. Were you shooting manual?
3) Color balance is also an issue. Cycling lights doesn't make it easy, but you'll have to learn how to process them better.
4) Finally, there are some out of focus images in there. I know from your previous post that you are looking to build a portfolio. Post only your best shots.
Hope this helps. Happy Shooting.
1) yeah, I figured that. Would never put one like this in my portfolio. But just up there for anyone that wants to see it for now.
2) I'm shooting manual, but I have no Idea why the lighting of the gym it was in is very weird. I would shoot a burst of 2 shots and they could be completely different exposures. Could it be the lights? It was shot at night, so it couldn't be sunlight coming through the skylights.
3) I have had a problem with this as much as I have had with the exposure. I set it to a custom white balance but every time it seems to come out all over the place.
4) The 7D in low light doesn't have the best AF system, I put it in AI servo mode, so If a player would run past me it would throw it off. I put them up there just because people will still like them. Once I start to get more serious and make a business page I'll only put up a few shots from each game.
Anyone know why the exposure and white balance would be off? I'll also post only a few here next time. It said only members could upload photos. I didn't know you could just put up a link of the photos. I'll do that next time. I post a ton on facebook and tag the people in them because that makes more people get notified about the photos because more people are tagged, so I get out there more. But the beginning photos on here are JV then it goes to varsity photos(that's how the event went) so you only saw the JV photos which weren't the best, so if you could look at the varsity photos, that would be great.
thanks for the input,