Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Help with client

scottiet
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with client

Just got back from a T&I session and had another crazy complaint from a previous job I did for a parent. She claimed that the shot was too far away. Now it go me thinking that I was doing something wrong.

These are hockey full length portraits. She was actually complaining she couldn't tell it was him in his hockey card which are 2.5"x3.5".

So my question is this. What do you shoot full length portraits with. In my case I used a 70-200 @ about 95mm. Should I be using short fls?

Please advise.

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:29 PM
scottam10
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with client

Nothing wrong with using a telephoto for full-length portraits.

If the subject is 'unrecognisable' there are a couple of options to make his face bigger

1. Crop to remove empty space around him. Should be plenty of pixels available
2. A more 'compact' pose such as sitting or kneeling so his head occupies more of the frame
3. Head and shoulders rather than full body

Personally I can't see much wrong with your shot, not sure what she's complaining about.

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:50 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with client

Scott...it's difficult to determine the degree of difference from what you poster here and the card. This is a pretty large image and the size you quoted is about the dimensions of a wallet size print. I don't know the design of your cards but throw in text and border or other template artifacts and it will make the full body shot look smaller.

Is this one parent the only one complaining? How long ago did you do this job for this parent. Sometimes some people will find fault with perfection.

Do you print your own cards or do you send the to a lab and is there any way you could show a picture of that last run of cards she isn't happy with?

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:51 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.