New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · The Lord's Barn

Photo GeekMan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Lord's Barn

I'm not entirely positive that this is the correct forum for this picture, but I couldn't figure out where else to post it. I'm looking for a little C&C on this, so speak up if you want and don't worry about my feelings. I can take it!

Also, if you're interested in seeing any of my other photos you can find them on my website Dots on Screen. Thanks for looking!

© Photo GeekMan 2013

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Lord's Barn

To my eye, this is just too much silhouette! The sky is perhaps slightly oversaturated. I do like the light play through the window here.
Douglas

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Photo GeekMan
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Lord's Barn

Douglas,
Thank you for your feedback, it's very appreciated. By way of explanation, I understand the strong silhouette isn't for everyone, but I made the decision to make it that strong because I felt it would have more impact against the blue sky. Of course, I also feel the sky became a bit too blue, but oddly, when I dialed back the saturation, it lost something and I was left wanting MORE. So I kept it deeply saturated because, even though it didn't feel quite right, it still looked better to me than the alternatives I could devise at the time.
And now I'm wondering "What if..?" Thanks again for your input! Having to explain my thought process has made me want to revisit the image and try a different approach.

Jan 25, 2013 at 01:25 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.