Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Videography Requests?

thebeginning
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Videography Requests?

Does anyone else get videography requests on occasion? I had one bride decide not to book because she wanted to find a company that offered both.

Of course this is probably due to my limited knowledge of them, but most firms that I've seen offering both are in the lower to lower-middle range of the market. I must admit that I've considered a partnership with a quality videographer for the value added in the higher end, but just haven't had much of a need for it.

Anyone else tried this?

Jan 22, 2013 at 09:21 PM
MBMK
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Videography Requests?

yup. i get that all the time, but those are the clients that are looking for a deal, which we're not interested in. Sorry, I hope I don't offend anyone here by saying that.

At least in our area, there aren't any good companies that offer both. I also feel that I should only do something I'm fully dedicated to. Which means, offering only photography service. Now, with that said, if I ever decide to jump on video, I'd still let my clients know that they can either hire me for my videography or my photography, I just wouldn't do both.

The companies that are doing both here in DC area, either their video is terrible, or their photography is terrible, or both are terrible because they're looking to make a quick buck.

Again, hope I didn't offend anyone that offers both in the forum. My personal opinion.

Partnership is good. We do that to an extent. We don't give them any prices, but there is a company we've been giving a lot of leads to but they will be spending good $ hiring both of us.

Also, there are lots of clients to go around. They will come....they always come

Jan 22, 2013 at 09:56 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Videography Requests?

I just had a bride ask the other day (again) if i recommended any videography companies in the area.....(south fla)....i said not really, but the ones i do recommend are much, MUCH more expensive than what i charge......i basically told her that anyone doing videography around the same prices i'm charging ($1,500-$3k), you'll basically get a home video....i thought about sending her over to Stillmotion's site, so she can see what REAL wedding cinematography is like, but i didn't...she'd prob just be upset when she picks someone cheap and DOES get a home movie....kinda sucks, but to get great video, really doesn't cost a lot more than it does to get great photos....

Jan 23, 2013 at 04:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Videography Requests?

Problem is that most video productions sucks. And a high end ones costs big $$$. What I do is I give a business card of probably the best videographer in the area (and my friend) and leave decision to a couple. This won't be a high-end production but more than ok for what they could find. That way everyone is responsible for their own part of a job. I would't say- "ok, we do videography as well" and then outsource it to someone because in that case you start to be responsible for both- photo and video. Another thing that we do- we have a discount if a couple decides to book us both for photo and video. Works for us really good, but different country, different market and different client expectations.

Jan 23, 2013 at 09:05 AM
Allan Summers
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Videography Requests?

I have the same problem sometimes. In fact, I once told a couple of a company I knew that did videography and when they went the videographer insisted he do the photography too or he would have to charge a lot more.

Jan 23, 2013 at 09:01 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Videography Requests?

Allan Summers wrote:
I have the same problem sometimes. In fact, I once told a couple of a company I knew that did videography and when they went the videographer insisted he do the photography too or he would have to charge a lot more.

Did they end up jumping ship with you to go with the "all in one" company??

Jan 24, 2013 at 01:33 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password