Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · SEO for photo tours

Aaron Cowan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · SEO for photo tours

I'm in the beginning stages of making myself available for private photo tours of the Palouse. I have a website that primarily serves as a gallery but I'll advertise my services there (www.aaroncowanphotos.com). I'll be the first to admit that it's pretty basic but I have done a little customization. I realize that one tab titled "Photo Tours" with some photos and information about my services doesn't lead to a firestorm of search engine hits. Aside from paying for advertisement space in photo magazines (hardcopy or online), would using an SEO be advantageous to gathering exposure online? Does anyone have experience using an SEO or any simpler suggestions to increasing website traffic?

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2013 at 09:55 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · SEO for photo tours

Danny Dover's SEO Secrets will give you a really good start: http://amzn.to/13YJmmk

The most important thing for SEO is getting pepole to link to you. I've found the best way to do this naturally is with a blog. Write about what you're doing, and then get other people to write about what you're doing. This is the hardest but best thing you can do to improve your results.

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:42 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · SEO for photo tours

I would be very careful with SEO ( and links) considering the changes Google has made. I know a lot about it having made money online since 1996 and even for me it is hard to keep on top of all the changes. It is not the same game played as little as 9 months ago. The good news is the new game is easy to work and is much safer if done right. If any book or blog is under 3 months old don't trust it as things change that fast. Did I say 3 months. Make that 3 weeks. The first thing you do is read about G+. That baby belongs to Google and they love it. That will keep you confused for a few days as do all things Google tries to explain. Ok, maybe I am just slow but they seem to make simple concepts very complexed and never get to the point.

Jan 22, 2013 at 05:10 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password