New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon EF-S 17-55 Parts Question

ideal2545

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon EF-S 17-55 Parts Question

Hi Everyone, Would anyone happen to have the parts catalog for the EF-S 17-55 Lens?
I want to replace the three screws that hold down the front lens element and maybe also that sticker that hides those three screws, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:16 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon EF-S 17-55 Parts Question

The makeup ring sticker is part # YB2-1098-000
The three screws are # CB2-0082-000 (you need to order 3, they don't come as a set)

I'm sure you already know, but just in case make sure to mark the rotational position of the front element before changing screws.

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:55 PM
ideal2545

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon EF-S 17-55 Parts Question

Thanks RCicala!

I cleaned out the dust yesterday, marked it as well as I could and put it back together. Looks like whoever owned it before me also decided to clean but stripped the hell outa the screws, so I figure it would be a good idea to replace them for future cleanings.

It looks like you could slide the element around on a track and it has different screw hole positions, do you know what that is for, focus adjustments?

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:54 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon EF-S 17-55 Parts Question

The track moves the element forward and backward a bit - you can move it and see the difference it makes in sharpness, but mark where it is supposed to be - it takes a lot of trial and error to get it back once you've lost it.

Most commonly, the plastic screw holes are stripped, not the screws. Unless it's rotated so far that only one of the three screw holes under each slot are accessible, you might be better off simply inserting the screws in a different hole.

Jan 21, 2013 at 05:23 PM
ideal2545

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon EF-S 17-55 Parts Question

Thanks RCicala,

I took some photos of the screw positions before I started so I'm going to double check to make sure I put the screws in the correct holes, I ended up just using the left over loctite as a guide, but it just occurred to me that, in doing so i may have inadvertently used the wrong holes.

Jan 21, 2013 at 06:16 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.