Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A few from Mavericks.

Jacobovs
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · A few from Mavericks.

Waves did not live up to the hype this year. Still managed to get a few decent ones.

Jacobovs 2013

NIKON D4    400mm    f/2.8    1/6400s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jacobovs 2013

NIKON D4    400mm    f/2.8    1/3200s    160 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jacobovs 2013

NIKON D4    400mm    f/2.8    1/5000s    320 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jacobovs 2013

NIKON D4    400mm    f/2.8    1/2500s    320 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D4    400mm    f/2.8    1/5000s    500 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:29 AM
Widgic
• •
p.1 #2 · A few from Mavericks.

Jacob:

At least the weather was nice ;-)

Couple of questions:

Where did you shoot from?

Are these cropped (and by how much)?

Thanks.

Denis
www.widgic.com

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:39 AM
Jacobovs
• •
p.1 #3 · A few from Mavericks.

Widgic wrote:
Jacob:

At least the weather was nice ;-)

Couple of questions:

Where did you shoot from?

Are these cropped (and by how much)?

Thanks.

Denis
www.widgic.com

I shot from a boat and these are cropped. 50 ish %

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:55 AM
ian408
• • •
p.1 #4 · A few from Mavericks.

I like the first & fourth.

Waves definitely don't look as big as was forecast but the weather looks spectacular!

Jan 21, 2013 at 05:35 AM
Tom D
• • • •
p.1 #5 · A few from Mavericks.

Jacobovs wrote:
I shot from a boat and these are cropped. 50 ish %

Shal, so a 400 is almost a must, then (I remember you saying last year that most shooters were using 300's)? These are solid frames, you must be worn out from a full day of rockin and shooting.

I watched the streaming vid on the Mavs site- looked like a beautiful day out there, but like you said, the waves were a little over-hyped.

I counted around 40 boats out there on average, but here's a screen shot of your ride. Thanks for sharing...

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:05 PM
Jacobovs
• •
p.1 #6 · A few from Mavericks.

Tom D wrote:
Shal, so a 400 is almost a must, then (I remember you saying last year that most shooters were using 300's)? These are solid frames, you must be worn out from a full day of rockin and shooting.

I watched the streaming vid on the Mavs site- looked like a beautiful day out there, but like you said, the waves were a little over-hyped.

I counted around 40 boats out there on average, but here's a screen shot of your ride. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks. I had the 300mm f2.8 with me too . I put it on for a while but then went back to the 400mm. Some were shooting 70-200mm. I can't imagine they got too much. ( I could be wrong). We timed some of the sets. There were some that were 42 min appart.

Jan 23, 2013 at 06:08 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Aqualung
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · A few from Mavericks.

Nice...I read they were back, but banning spectators on the cliff this year....

Chris

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM
HawaiianOnline
• •
p.1 #8 · A few from Mavericks.

Nice images! Hawaii's been pretty dead this year too. Looked promising earlier on, but then it just kind of switched off...

Jan 25, 2013 at 05:18 AM
Jacobovs
• •
p.1 #9 · A few from Mavericks.

Aqualung wrote:
Nice...I read they were back, but banning spectators on the cliff this year....

Chris

Thanks. Yes they did. There were no spectators on the cliff and none on the beach. I understand the beach given the experience in 2010 with that rogue wave.

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM
kwbarnes
• •
p.1 #10 · A few from Mavericks.

Jacobovs wrote:
Thanks. Yes they did. There were no spectators on the cliff and none on the beach. I understand the beach given the experience in 2010 with that rogue wave.

The cliffs are unstable, and not really safe to climb. At a previous Maverick's contest a woman was seriously injured by a large rock dislodged from the cliffs. As I recall, her injuries were described as life threatening in the newspaper reports of the incident.

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:54 PM
Jacobovs
• •
p.1 #11 · A few from Mavericks.

kwbarnes wrote:
The cliffs are unstable, and not really safe to climb. At a previous Maverick's contest a woman was seriously injured by a large rock dislodged from the cliffs. As I recall, her injuries were described as life threatening in the newspaper reports of the incident.

That's true for the cliff but the bluff was empty this year too. In 2010 it was packed.

Jan 30, 2013 at 09:41 AM
kwbarnes
• •
p.1 #12 · A few from Mavericks.

To keep people off of the beach, and cliffs, the entire area was closed to non-residents.

Because there are only a few places to access the site, it takes less manpower (money) to close off the entire site (beach, cliffs, and bluffs), than to keep people within the site from going where you don't want them.

Jan 30, 2013 at 08:28 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password