Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Still can't decide which to keep - Sigma 35 or Canon 35 L |
I have both right now with a 5d3. I've been back and forth on both of these lenses, shooting probably 1k test shots and videos.
First of all I picked up a really sharp 35L for $995 so the price for me is $100 between the two lenses.
1. Much, much less vignetting wide open over the Sigma.
2. Great build quality (Sigma build is very good too; toss up here).
3. Reliable autofocus and my copy needed no AF adjustments.
4. Really needs to be at F/1.8 - F/2 to get good center sharpness IMO.
5. Slightly wider view than the Sigma (Not much; seems like 2-3mm)
1. Vignettes like a MOFO wide open; still noticeable until about F/2.2 (Yes I've been shooting walls today and tested it). While this can be corrected in post, it's really tough to correct in movie mode.
2. Is slightly narrower than the Canon.
3. Autofocus seems to have a mind of its own sometimes depending of artificial or natural lighting.
4. After further review, I might like the colors of the Sigma better.
However - The Sigma is far sharper wide open, and this is why it's really hard to send it back - the pictures have a "3d" effect to them much more than the Canon. The Canon's OOF seems to blend in more with the background, but the Sigma looks very 3d like. I love the effect actually.
I have no idea what to do. I don't think I've ever been more 50/50 on a lens decision in my life.