Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · My 5D III Unresponsive at Times

cputeq
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · My 5D III Unresponsive at Times

arnold1 wrote:
Thank you Mitesh for your kind words and support. I will call Amazon tomorrow and share this with them. I hope that they will be receptive. I have never returned anything to them--even when I bought the wrong part. I'll report back to fellow FMers, once I have any new info. Thank you again!

Yep, in fact, if you initiate a return with Amazon and mark the item as "defective" then they (might) go ahead and cross-ship you another item with free next-day air. At least, they've done that with me twice. I'm unsure if they still do that, though.

Also, I think I would put a printed paper in the box describing the problems with the item - I'm not sure if they ever used it, but I would do it anyway

Jan 21, 2013 at 05:35 PM
clarence3
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · My 5D III Unresponsive at Times

Are you using a grip with your 5D3?

Jan 21, 2013 at 06:02 PM
RAF09
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · My 5D III Unresponsive at Times

Just a thought, have you updated to the latest firmware? If it is already using the latest Version then you don't have much of a choice but to exchange it or send it to Canon. Good Luck!

Jan 22, 2013 at 01:14 AM
arnold1
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · My 5D III Unresponsive at Times

clarence3 wrote:
Are you using a grip with your 5D3?

No grip. Actually, I don't even own one.

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:03 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

arnold1
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · My 5D III Unresponsive at Times

RAF09 wrote:
Just a thought, have you updated to the latest firmware? If it is already using the latest Version then you don't have much of a choice but to exchange it or send it to Canon. Good Luck!

In fact that was one of the suggestions by Canon CPS but I believe my firmware which is Version 1.1.3 is the latest for Mac OS X.

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:06 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · My 5D III Unresponsive at Times

Disable the video mode and see any issues.

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:31 AM
arnold1
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · My 5D III Unresponsive at Times

I went online and followed Amazon's steps for returns/replacement. They had my replacement sent to me the next day and picked up the old unit! Now I know my old unit was not performing up to par. This is what I call customer service! Thank you Amazon! And all fellow FMers for your help!

Jan 24, 2013 at 01:56 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password