Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Fearless

jammin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fearless

Is anyone a member here of Fearless Photographers? Do you get many referrals from it? Is it worth it?

I thought they were selective but the accept anyone for $99 but you don't get images on your profile.

What about WPJA, ISPWP? What are your thoughts? There is another site that recently got in touch with me WPS or Wedding Photography Select, similar to Fearless but also has local results. Anyone used that?

There are just too many of these things, it's hard to know what will bring results, I've been burned before. So looking on thoughts for each. Not that I'll get in then :-)

Jan 19, 2013 at 07:48 PM
TRReichman
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fearless

If you want to join one of these directory listings take a look at how they are marketing to brides. Most of them aren't in any way, so the only traffic you're going to get is fellow photographers. If you want anything more than camaraderie with your peers you'll probably be disappointed. There are certainly more direct and fruitful ways of marketing to potential clients.

- trr

Jan 19, 2013 at 07:53 PM
jammin

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fearless

Thanks.

That's a good point. I never really part with my money. Wedding Photography Select is free at the moment and it's got the same feeling as Fearless. I was disappointed with fearless as I thought they were selective, I submitted my details and received an immediate email with link/payment details.

I've been burned before, spending cash and getting very little return. just wanted more thoughts from any members. Browsing the posts here has brought some light on some of the others sites...

Look forward to some more responses.

Jan 19, 2013 at 08:28 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fearless

I am glad that you asked this question, I recently asked another forum member directly about results from being listed on the site and if it brought any potential business and got a reply similar to what Todd said about most people looking at the site are likely other photographers and not brides.

Jan 19, 2013 at 09:11 PM
jammin

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fearless

Unless you get requests from the site directly or ask the client the question regarding where they saw you it's very hard to tell who is looking whether bride or photographer

I am finding this more and more with any wedding related site. Take your money and that's pretty much about it and they ain't cheep too.

Only free sites for me at the moment then, so wedding photography select it is for now. I certainly find it hard to part with my cash these days.

I always ask for a free trail, but you know the answer I get to that :-)

Jan 19, 2013 at 09:18 PM
heikoM
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fearless

I am a member of fearless, no clients this way so far. That may be different when you got a lot of rewards there, do not know.

heiko

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fearless

one thing I noticed is that many of the people I know of who are EXCELLENT photographers have 0 or maybe 1 award, then it made me wonder if they are submitting to the contests or not and if they are, then wow! it must be really hard to win the awards. a few photographers I know of have won quite a bit of awards, but not all. I noticed for my area I only recognized like 2 photographers names and that was it which gave me the idea the site is not very well known where I am located.

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fearless

I have been on there for about 6 months...not a single inquiry from it. If that is why you want to be there, then you will likely be disappointed.

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:37 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fearless

that is how they are marketing it saying brides can request availability and prices for their area, so to me you would think if you are paying for being listed on there that there would be traffic coming in looking for photographers who adhere to the mindset the site promotes

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:50 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fearless

sherijohnson wrote:
that is how they are marketing it saying brides can request availability and prices for their area, so to me you would think if you are paying for being listed on there that there would be traffic coming in looking for photographers who adhere to the mindset the site promotes

There is...there are just a ton of photographers all over the world, and 80% of the requests are for out of the US.

Jan 20, 2013 at 02:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fearless

Yes, Fearless does accept everyone (as far as I know), but to have images showcased and move "up" in the rankings, you must win Fearless Awards. So, while everyone is accepted, not everyone is as "visible" as those that take part in the contests and win. If you take a look at past winners, you can easily see that it's not so easy to win.

Jan 20, 2013 at 04:54 AM
julieawhitlock
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fearless

I'll tell you one thing I've gotten from it, a lot of scammer spam. I won't be renewing.

Jan 20, 2013 at 05:05 AM
jammin

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fearless

Inku Yo wrote:
Yes, Fearless does accept everyone (as far as I know), but to have images showcased and move "up" in the rankings, you must win Fearless Awards. So, while everyone is accepted, not everyone is as "visible" as those that take part in the contests and win. If you take a look at past winners, you can easily see that it's not so easy to win.

I thought the point of it was to be a fearless photographer. Surely you would go through a selection process before you were awarded the fearless status. I just thought it was strange that they promote fearless photographer but anyone can be a member regardless of awards won.

Think I will give it a miss for now then. Don't need spam :-)

What about theKnot and WeddingWire and things, have people had much luck with that. Thats seems incredible expensive, but if you get 10 weddings a year from it great??

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM
mineymole
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fearless

Yeah I think the fact that they accept everyone whether they give prizes or not really just makes them yet another wedding directory. I thought when they started out that it was some sort exclusive site where your portfolio mattered. Mostly I think photographers know about it.

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:41 PM
DmitriM
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fearless

I don't know why you guys are surprised. After all, it's all about money.
Look at wedding magazines such as Grace Ormonde and others. They have a "premium" list yet anyone can get on it if you pay. Yet, they make it look like it's for the "chosen ones". Then photographers go ahead and put something like 'I am on the premium list of Grace Ormonde".

WPJA is a bit cool for not accepting everyone(noobs still can get in and I've seen photogs there that had only shot 6 or so weddings. WPJA was smart enough and create AGWPJA and they accept absolutely everyone. photographers with 2 weddings easily get in.

WPPI charges more than twice that much yet does absolutely nothing to promote you to clients. It's there only to make money off your memberships, tradeshow and competitions that are judge hell knows by which noobs(online)

It's all marketing. It's all about money.

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:55 AM
jammin

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fearless

Not surprised just wondering if they were any different. This has been our thought from the very beginning after being burned. People more than happy to take your money as the site looks good but give you nothing in return.

No wonder people are dubious about all these places if that is the way they operate.

Jan 21, 2013 at 09:24 AM
imaginephotoaz
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fearless

We are fearless photogs and it's brilliant in many ways. We've booked two clients from it in the last few months, and the camaraderie, friendship, education, etc are even more valuable and great. I've won one fearless award. With some of the best photogs around as members it's an honor. It's a unique group and not for everyone, but for $100, I've learned more than $100 worth about photography, not to mention two bookings, one for a couple in Hong Kong. It's completely awesome.

Jan 21, 2013 at 01:44 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fearless

imaginephotoaz wrote:
We are fearless photogs and it's brilliant in many ways. We've booked two clients from it in the last few months, and the camaraderie, friendship, education, etc are even more valuable and great. I've won one fearless award. With some of the best photogs around as members it's an honor. It's a unique group and not for everyone, but for $100, I've learned more than $100 worth about photography, not to mention two bookings, one for a couple in Hong Kong. It's completely awesome.

finally a good report, thank you!

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:21 PM
imaginephotoaz
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fearless

Certainly. And I'm not 100% sure (I'll have to ask Huy, the owner), but I don't know that they take just anyone. If they do, there aren't a lot of shitty photogs that are members that I've seen. It appears that people that sign up are either very talented, or they weed out non-talented people. Not a lot of hacks hanging around there.

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:04 PM
jammin

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fearless

Certainly. And I'm not 100% sure (I'll have to ask Huy, the owner), but I don't know that they take just anyone. If they do, there aren't a lot of shitty photogs that are members that I've seen. It appears that people that sign up are either very talented, or they weed out non-talented people. Not a lot of hacks hanging around there

It may be a case as it was with me that I didn't think I was good enough to even apply.

I thought I'd see what the sign-up criteria was, only to be shocked by the fact I was sent a sign-up link immediately and the lovely $99 request :-)

Jan 22, 2013 at 05:02 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password