Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

rittenhouses

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

I set up to practice again. Can I have a little CC please! be gentle! haha I have Aperture and am not sure how to size it properly. I exported the file version at 50% the original size. I didnt want it too big nor too small.. so let me know if its too small.

Jan 18, 2013 at 06:38 PM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

Very nice, I like how both her's and the dog's eyes are at the same tilt, and if you could see the dog's mouth, it almost seems like he'd have the same little smile.

Generally around 900px on the long side is what we see on the forum. At a very quick glance this young girl reminded me a bit of Bruce Sawle's daughter, another poster on the forum.

--David

Jan 18, 2013 at 07:20 PM
andyjh
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

Cute. Just watch for chopped paws. Lighting's good and it's not always easy to pump enough light onto a black dog without blowing out the lighter skin tone on your daughter. Purebred Lab?

Jan 18, 2013 at 08:01 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

Very nice pic! You can really sense the comfort and love between the girl and the dog.

It's kinda tough when you have a dog this black sitting in a setting this white. The contrast is always going to be tough. It looks to me that in keeping the white, you have some blown black highlights. Do the same shot in a more neutral color setting that allows you to have some nice rich black textures in the dog, and the picture improves that much more.

Jan 18, 2013 at 08:27 PM
markperez
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

not a bad photo but please take off the choke chain. I have seen too many dogs die because they get caught on something and the dog tried to pull away

Jan 18, 2013 at 09:51 PM
fgransee
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

Great setting - I would maybe choose a different top considering the black dog and light background. Possibly have her leaning over (hugging) the dog ?

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM
rittenhouses

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

Thank you all for checking out the picture!! And for the comments! I will try a more neutral background next time, I didn't know that the white background would accentuate the black of the dog, very good point though. I thought it would help lol. As for the paw, ooh that was so frustrating haha, every time I tried get his paw back on the white he would lay down on his back lol... So I gave up lol I left his paw where he put it! I also have a few hugging shots and some kisses. Really cute. He is the sweetest!

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:38 AM
bcguy
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

I think you did a fine job here. As others have said, the contrast range in the photo made the lighting a challenge, I'm sure. I'd be really happy with it if I were you.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

I don't think there is anything to dislike in this picture. The colors, the composition everything is perfect. The little girl and the dog are really adorable too. It seems very... natural

Edited on Jan 24, 2013 at 03:36 AM · View previous versions

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:47 PM
rittenhouses

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the nice comments!

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:43 PM
rittenhouses

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

well here is a hugging one...

Jan 22, 2013 at 05:01 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

Much prefer the second one here.
Douglas

Jan 22, 2013 at 05:19 PM
rittenhouses

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A girl and her Dog! CC please!

and just for kicks... I know this is over exposed, sun was getting more and more in my way! haha... o well.. I just wanted to show this. it was weird how in the pictures, they were both looking a certain way, their gaze was the same way, their head angle would be the same, here they both had their eyes closed lol..

I also forgot, someone asked if he was a purebred lab, no he isn't, we got him at a shelter when he was a puppy. and they only knew that the mother was a Lab. We think he may be part Dane.

Jan 22, 2013 at 05:24 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.