Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Website Critique

Manzelle
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Website Critique

A friend of mine would like his redesigned web site critiqued by people other than his friends. Any input will be appreciated.

Link

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:35 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Website Critique

Just spent a second on the front page. Hard to tell what his specialty is. I think if I were a client I wouldn't know what to think of a photographic general practitioner. I always think it is stronger to show what you want to sell and direct your images to a target audience. As it stands, wedding people may be less than enthused and the other potential clients may also see the weddings and be confused.

Also "Schedule a Consolation" I hope that is not what they meant to say.

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM
billk55
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Website Critique

stevez32 wrote:
Also "Schedule a Consolation" I hope that is not what they meant to say.

A classic oops. Gotta luv the spel chek.

The top-right navigation baffles me. When you land on the home page, there's a 'Start Here'. I thought I just started. And, no matter how much look at the site, it continues to urge you to start. Doesn't make much sense.

I also think having some top-level navigation clickable (e.g. About Me) and some not (e.g. Portfolio) is a bad idea

I do like the photography!

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:41 AM
abadass
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Website Critique

comic sans.....

Jan 17, 2013 at 07:45 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Website Critique

Just by looking at the main page, the first thing your friend should do - figure out what kind of photographer he wants to be. If he wants to be a wedding, event, sports, motorcycle photographer, then great. He should have a different domain/website for each one. Be perceived as a master of wedding (or event or sports or motorcylce... pick ONE) photography.

Another word of advice would be to only show the best images. I'd rather only see 5 awesome images and not 30 mediocre images.

Jan 17, 2013 at 09:09 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password