New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Cannot upgrade ACR to 6.7

gurtch
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cannot upgrade ACR to 6.7

I have a new laptop with Windows 8. I installed Lightroom 4 and CS5. When I try to upgrade to ACR 6.7 for Photoshop, I get a message that Lightroom 4 is running, and for me to close it down. But it is NOT running. Any help? Trying to get updates directly from CS5 or LR, I always get a message that the Server is not responding, try later
Thanks
Dave

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:01 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cannot upgrade ACR to 6.7

Are you sure it is warning you about LR4 running? Normally when this type of message appears it is because Bridge is running, not Lightroom. Bridge has an option that allows it to run in the background from computer start-up so it comes up faster when you want it. In Windows 7 it was a matter of finding it in the taskbar notification area and shutting it down. I'm not sure if it works the same way in Win8 or not.

You could always bring up Task Manager and look for the offending app there, too.

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:27 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cannot upgrade ACR to 6.7

Yes, LR is not 'persistent' in that way. It's either running or not. It doesn't leave daemons behind.

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:46 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cannot upgrade ACR to 6.7

I've had this happen very rarely (just one or two times). You'll have to open task manager and shut down the lightroom process. If it isn't there, try a reboot and try again.

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:58 AM
gurtch
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cannot upgrade ACR to 6.7

Thanks all. I have run Task Manager, and it does not show LR 4 is running.
Dave

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.