Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · thoughts on this?

delsol9400

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · thoughts on this?

What do you think of this one guys?

rest of the shoot here, I posted some of these in an earlier thread, but here's the full shoot:

http://joecapasso.com/blog/taryn-josh-miami-wedding-photographers

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:52 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · thoughts on this?

It's a fun way to get the job done. Might dodge the plane in a bit -- the "sun" is hitting the plane in a way it's not hitting the rest of the scene. But I like the star they're standing on, I think the centered composition works with the star and the striped poles.

In the rest of the shoot, I started to wonder whether she suffers from narcolepsy.

Edited on Jan 15, 2013 at 07:48 PM · View previous versions

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:01 PM
jbrandt378
• •
p.1 #3 · thoughts on this?

Love it!

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:07 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #4 · thoughts on this?

It's fun. I would agree with Ian about dropping the brightness of the plane a bit. I personally would have made it a bit smaller so it seems a bit more plausible

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:16 PM
Bearmann
• • •
p.1 #5 · thoughts on this?

It's super cute! Wouldn't change a thing!

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

_Rob_S_
• • •
p.1 #6 · thoughts on this?

Hey, that's cool! My only nit is that the lettering is awfully crisp and contrasty for what should be a distant part of the image. Maybe soften and reduce the contrast a bit to simulate atmospheric effects?

Again, just a minor nit and overall I do like it a lot!

Rob

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:34 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · thoughts on this?

You guys are being to perfect with this. It looks "fun" to me. I wouldn't change a thing; the plane is fine, the text is crisp because it should be.

Nice job.

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:17 PM
delsol9400

p.1 #8 · thoughts on this?

Hey guys --

That plane is actually there! What are you talking about? Just kidding... Thanks for the input. I would have loved to make the text look a little more "real" but couldn't figure out a way any better than it actually is. I tried making the plane a little smaller, but liked it at the size it is. Any tips on fixing the text other than lowering contrast? The banner was done with a piece of plastic wrap taped between two light stands... took a picture of it on a white high key backdrop, lit with a softbox... then used one of the layer blending modes to get the transparency, then puppet warp to make it look like it was blowing in the wind. Used my Wacom tablet for the smoke with a particular brush.

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:16 PM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #9 · thoughts on this?

Looks good. Don't change anything.

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:34 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password