Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Tell me about Photoshelter and Photo Cart

DigMeTX
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Tell me about Photoshelter and Photo Cart

I know that one is a subscription/web-based and one is a one-time fee/software purchase that you add to your website but I'm considering both as I'm looking at leaving SmugMug by April for something that will cost me less over time.

Please share any thoughts about either - list of pros/cons, have you been unhappy with either of these, how long have you used them? Did anyone switch to either of these from Smug?

One thing I see about Photoshelter is that looking through their vendor list I don't recognize ANY of the vendors but I could always self-fulfill.

How's the interface for Photocart? Are any of you combining ONLY the commerce features of Photoshelter with a different website/service? Does the $110 annual plan from Photoshelter give me full ecommerce usage? I think I could probably live with 10GB if it's just for ecommerce.

Looking for any and all feedback on both of these options. I really like the idea of the one-time fee for Photo cart but if it's going to be a lot more work to get the photos to print that could be a drawback. Thanks!

brad

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:38 PM
quadmama
• •
p.1 #2 · Tell me about Photoshelter and Photo Cart

I have used PhotoCart for about 4 years now. I'm very happy with it. PhotoCart does not link with any labs so you are free to use your choice or self fulfill. Support is very good also.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Adrian Fischer

p.1 #3 · Tell me about Photoshelter and Photo Cart

I use Photo Cart (and their website D) Used it for a few years now. I do sport events and dance studios mostly so big number of uploads and multiple galleries. I only do bulk edits before uploading and the final edits once ordered so self fulfill. You can do digital downloads with PC so if images dont need further work you can set it up to be downloadable as soon as paid. You can do this in a couple of different sizes. Good user community and the upgrades at this stage are free.

Jan 27, 2013 at 03:26 AM
thedruid
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Tell me about Photoshelter and Photo Cart

I just signed up with PhotoShelter so it's early days yet. Coming from Aphotfolio with it's superior designs I'm not too happy with whats offered at PS (unless you know HTML and can design from scratch), but I wanted an e-commerce site. Apart from the mediocre design styles offered everything else seems to have been thought of you can offer Print packages and self fulfill or they have vendors across the country you can use. You can also sell your image Rights Managed and Royalty Free and all the calculations are done for you using a stock quote software package built in. They offer a lot of how to webinar's and there is also a community forum. I'll give it a couple of year and see if it works for me, i.e. I get a ROI.

Jan 28, 2013 at 06:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

miccullen
• • •
p.1 #5 · Tell me about Photoshelter and Photo Cart

thedruid wrote:
Coming from Aphotfolio with it's superior designs I'm not too happy with whats offered at PS (unless you know HTML and can design from scratch), but I wanted an e-commerce site. Apart from the mediocre design styles.

Exactly what's been putting me off it, too.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:49 PM
beccaquint

p.1 #6 · Tell me about Photoshelter and Photo Cart

Photoshelter + Graph Paper Press is what I use and I love it. Fantastic customer service. They do automatic print fulfillment with four main labs, or you can pick your own.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #7 · Tell me about Photoshelter and Photo Cart

beccaquint

I'm also using a graph paper press theme (http://www.bradcookphotography.net - still working on it). If you don't mind me seeing your site then feel free to pm me the url.

brad

Jan 29, 2013 at 03:49 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #8 · Tell me about Photoshelter and Photo Cart

Thanks for the opinions, guys. I'm also considering instaproofs + self-fulfill.

brad

Jan 29, 2013 at 03:50 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password