Upload & Sell: Off
Got tired of waiting for the long rumored 24MP DX D400... I've been shooting the D300 for 5 years and really enjoyed it. I need DX most of the time for my 300 f/4 coupled with a 1.4 TC. I also love landscape photography and am really getting more into people photography too.
The D800 seemed like the best of both worlds for me. 36MP sensor for landscape and people pics will be waaaay cool and DX mode still yields 18-20 MB files (4800 X 3200) at 5-6 FPS. Soooooo... I picked up one of the Nikon Factory Refurbs from Adorama for $2,299. Perfect condition out of the box, 75 actuations, no left focus issue.
On my first outing I immediately noticed that focus acquisition and tracking even with the TC is VASTLY improved over my often erratic D300 setup. So any OOF images now are all on me.
These were all shot in DX mode and some were cropped significantly, so I'm happy with the IQ too. I can't wait to get some FF opportunities.
D800 | 300 f/4 w TC-14E II ~ Exif Intact
Thanks for having a look. All C&C and questions are greatly encouraged and most appreciated.
1. Cinnamon Teal ~ DX Mode 50% Crop
2. Split Second Later ~ DX Mode 50% Crop
3. Bufflehead in Harsh Midday Light ~ DX Mode 75-80% Crop (Not great IQ, but certainly decent for the heavy crop)
4. Surf Scoter in Harsh Midday Light ~ DX Mode 30-35% Crop
5. Sandpiper ~ DX Mode 30-35% Crop