Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Unbelievable

HawksFan66
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Unbelievable

For the second time in less than a year I've had pics stolen from my website and used as if they were free for the taking. I use a rather large watermark with the copyright symbol on all my pics so it's not like they don't see that they are my property. First time was the yearbook staff and now a student in a digital arts class has "borrowed" a pic in order to create a negative print t-shirt. What is wrong with people?

Jan 15, 2013 at 03:15 AM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Unbelievable

Kids don't know any better. Right-click -> save as -> free to use. They don't think about the legal stuff behind it. Especially not from a photographers point of view. Contact the school, have it dealt with. Problem solved.

Jan 15, 2013 at 03:23 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #3 · Unbelievable

It depends on how your pictures have been used and whether or not you think it's worth it to pursue. For commercial use, I've heard cases that compensation in 4-5 figures was made/settled before going to court.

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:00 AM
mike-in-ak
• •
p.1 #4 · Unbelievable

Schools have been pretty strict in the past about students getting their term papers off the Internet so they should pursue image theft / copyright infringement about the same.

Contact the school.

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:48 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password