Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Portrait session in wedding album?

ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Portrait session in wedding album?

We were planning on doing a pre-wedding type photo session the week before, but it wasn't possible due to timings / weather. So we did it the week after (they both live quite a distance away and stayed in the area for a relaxing week after). So we have 'a post wedding portrait session' and they're keen on using some of the images in the album.

Have you done this before? If so, how did they fit in, did you feel it worked well?

An album has always been a storybook for me, so I'm somewhat unsure. The location they were shot in is where they got married (within the grounds) so it's not like it's entirely random.

If you have any samples, that's great too.

Thank you :-)

Jan 14, 2013 at 02:15 PM
misty23
• •
Account locked
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Portrait session in wedding album?

I've done it from a post shoot. The couple wore their wedding outfits. It was added seamlessly and appeared to be part of the wedding coverage.

Jan 14, 2013 at 02:52 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Portrait session in wedding album?

I've done them as separate volumes. Both the wedding album and two post-shoots I did made equal size albums.

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:03 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Portrait session in wedding album?

The didn't wear their wedding attire, that wasn't the idea with these. I could see that fitting in well though obviously

sboerup wrote:
I've done them as separate volumes. Both the wedding album and two post-shoots I did made equal size albums.

I do like that idea. Sadly this is a 12 hour wedding vs 2 hour portraits. So wouldn't work so well. I will look into how I could store a 2 volume collection though. I'm not sure this particular couple would be that interested in the additional cost of an entirely separate album either. They're looking at 20-25 spread of my 'best' album which is already quite a significant investment.

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:22 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password