New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Ceiling Rig?

Dooglestar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ceiling Rig?

Hi,

I've been asked to take some extreme wide interior shots from the perspective of the ceiling so all four walls are visible and the floor and furniture/contents are centre of frame. A bit like this only not as artistic:

http://www.aestheteblog.com/view-from-above/

I'll try and shoot remotely or on a timer but my main problem is how to rig the camera safely and securely. Ideally it would be a reasonably fast set-up/disassemble process as these are for real estate so I won't have all day for rigging only a few shots.

I've thought of shower curtain rails against the walls and clamps etc. but not sure I'd be confident hanging my 5DIII off this...

Any advice or experience welcome.

Thanks

Jan 14, 2013 at 07:36 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ceiling Rig?

You could attach the camera to the top of an autopole using a superclamp + head arangement, and take the room with two photos, from the tops of opposing walls. This would require some PP, but it should work OK.

example autopoles, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/559756-REG/Manfrotto_432_3_7SET_432_3_7_Deluxe_Autopole_2.html

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Dooglestar
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ceiling Rig?

Oh they look great. I'm sure I good get away with just one photo if set up between two walls.

Thanks!

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:20 PM
rkgatteleport
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ceiling Rig?

I've never used one this way, but if you were careful I suppose you could also just use an autopole between the walls near to the ceiling and mount the camera in the middle with
a superclamp.

Best,

rkg
(Richard George)

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:41 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.