Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Tuan Le
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

I visited Valley of Fire SP with the family over a period of 2 days following X-mas and was actually able to come away with a few images that I liked. Even got some fun shots of my little daughter running around exploring. It would have been more productive to go solo but it's nice sharing some of these areas with the family so that the landscape images they see have some meaning for them as well.

Thanks for looking and c&c is welcomed!

1. http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-B24AmOD5Uuc/UPOiN6ok_sI/AAAAAAAAH5Y/aAn5ZFyXEOs/s700/s_img_2949.jpg

2. http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ho3RHHqXxeE/UPOiNytlgXI/AAAAAAAAH5U/buf-hFObK58/s700/s_img_2964.jpg

3. http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-jbC9acuMXC4/UPOiNrRGJKI/AAAAAAAAH5Q/zPnzzGCb5q0/s700/s_img_3053.jpg

4. http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ESyvQZhLqac/UPOiOyKndsI/AAAAAAAAH5o/1fsuckdN48E/s825/s_img_7147.jpg

Edited on Jan 16, 2013 at 01:57 AM · View previous versions

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:52 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Hey Tuan,

These are very cool. It's hard to pick favorites here... #4 for sure, that one is sweet. And I think the other one I really like is #3, but all are cool.

That's great you took the family with. One of the great things with VoF is that kids can roam a little more freely and be safe from harm. So they can have fun exploring a bit, while you can still shoot a bit.

Jim

Jan 14, 2013 at 02:33 AM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Hi Tuan,

What fascinating terrain. I like all of them but #3 and 4 are standouts for me because of the light.

Phil

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:37 AM
Zeph
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

I'd be happy to have shot any of these Tuan, but the 4th is the standout here. The layers of geogoly and color is awesome...You should take the fam out more often.

Jan 14, 2013 at 09:18 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Very nice series. I think it's important for the family to share in your adventures, although they may choose not to be there at sunrise or sunset.

Jan 14, 2013 at 09:56 AM
Picture This!
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

very nice series Tuan.

Jan 14, 2013 at 09:59 AM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Nice series... the 4th one takes the prize for me.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM
nburwell
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Awesome series. #3 is simply outstanding!

-Nick

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

I like #3 and #4. Excellent photos.

Jason

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:00 PM
Aaron Cowan
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Nice set, Tuan. I really like #4 with the expansive view and moon.

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:35 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Thanks everyone for letting me know your favorites. Looks like #3 and #4 are the favorites.

JimFox wrote:
Hey Tuan,

These are very cool. It's hard to pick favorites here... #4 for sure, that one is sweet. And I think the other one I really like is #3, but all are cool.

That's great you took the family with. One of the great things with VoF is that kids can roam a little more freely and be safe from harm. So they can have fun exploring a bit, while you can still shoot a bit.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Yeah, the little one can roam a little more freely but I still had to keep her nearby. It is a much better place than Joshua Tree NP, though. That place is a deathtrap for toddlers. I haven't even tried to show her the Cholla Cactus Graden yet.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:02 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Zeph wrote:
I'd be happy to have shot any of these Tuan, but the 4th is the standout here. The layers of geogoly and color is awesome...You should take the fam out more often.

Thanks Zeph. I do try to take the family out often. The toddler has gone to more places than I have in first 2 decades of my life.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:05 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

stanparker wrote:
Very nice series. I think it's important for the family to share in your adventures, although they may choose not to be there at sunrise or sunset.

It's fun to have the family around, but forget about sunrise. Sunset gets close to dinner time too so that can be real tough.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:06 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

My eyes declare #4 to be the winner. It has fabulous layers and a fun moon behind clouds.

Tim

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:20 PM
Phrasikleia
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

And so ended the good shooting conditions at VoF for a very long while. I can say this with absolute authority because I'm the poor soul who you must have heard whimpering from behind the wheel while stuck in traffic going past Vegas on my way to that park (yes, it was very loud whimpering--surely audible throughout most of Nevada). That moon looked magnificent even from where I was, and I knew that somewhere out there, someone was grinning ear-to-ear from behind a tripod. I arrived at the park well after dark that night (due to circumstances beyond my control) and camped a whole week at VoF, but never once was there a sunrise or sunset with any clouds--not once that whole week. So I will just have to live vicariously through your lovely photo #4. Very nice set!

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM
gordon l
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

I like them all. Very good job with these.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Mickey
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Great job but totally unfair....clouds AND water!

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM
BauerPower
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Tuan, you mentioned cholla. One secret those of us who live in Arizona know is to carry a large-toothed comb when hiking in cholla country. You can use to comb to pry out any pads that stick to you without getting the pad stuck to your hand.

You can get stuck even if you are not close to the cholla. The pads will roll downhill. I once picked up a pad on my boot and then stuck it into the back of the calf of my other leg.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:33 PM
kscott_99
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

Nice series of images. My favorites are 1 & 2 because i've spent so much time in that canyon shooting, although the moon over the mountains is a winner in anyone's book. I'm surprised we didn't come across each other shooting. I was in the park the same days you were out visiting. The one difference is the night you got the moon my son wanted to go to Hoover Dam to visit there.

Jan 15, 2013 at 03:18 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Exploring Valley of Fire with the Family (4)

You have taken some beautiful photographs. The focus is perfect

Edited on Jan 16, 2013 at 03:21 PM · View previous versions

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:00 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.